RSS Feeds contain only (partial) first post in thread

Pyramancer

Fairly Idle Member
The forum RSS feeds don't seem to work.

1) When a thread is created, the RSS feed for the forum will only send the first few words in the post (instead of sending the full text, which would be preferable).

2) When a followup/reply is posted to an existing thread, the RSS feed for the forum sends a duplicate of the first few words of the initial post in the thread, rather than sending the followup post.

Sorry, I realise that RSS feeds don't "send"; they're pulled not pushed. However, I think my meaning should be clear.

This RSS feed, I assume.

Yes, looks suboptimal given it shows the first post of the absurdism corner from 2007 when it's been updated today. I'm less concerned about it truncating posts and providing a link instead, since that's more standard and my feed reader isn't capable of displaying images or rendering html since I started testing out the gtk3 build (and that broke some of my plugins).

But yeah, it'd be better if it showed the latest post instead of the first. Perhaps it should also create an entry for each update, but that's probably more work.

Wouldn't it be better, for your own sanity to just take a few select RSS Feeds? Given that each section has it's own feed and Pyra News being the most concerning right now. :)

Are there multiple feeds? All I can find through my browsers subscription button or the button in my footer is the one I linked to above, containing everything. After a quick scan of various subfora, I've not been able to find anything else.

The forum RSS feeds don't seem to work.

1) When a thread is created, the RSS feed for the forum will only send the first few words in the post (instead of sending the full text, which would be preferable).

2) When a followup/reply is posted to an existing thread, the RSS feed for the forum sends a duplicate of the first few words of the initial post in the thread, rather than sending the followup post.

Hey! This if fixed now! (I only just noticed; I had given up looking at the forum's RSS feeds because they were so broken.) But now I see both 1) and 2) are fixed!

Thank you to whoever implemented the fix. :)
[doublepost=1494968694,1494968145][/doublepost]Sorry. Cancel that!

It's not fixed at all! :(

I thought I was in my forum RSS inbox but actually I was in my forum email notification inbox!

Sorry for the noise.

Back