Rom - Controls Won't Work After Race Starts

Bigun

Website
www.pwnedclips.com
I have a game where the controls work up to the point to when the race starts (Ridge Racer Revolution). I don't know where else to start except to try some different settings in the emulator, but I have no clue where to start. Help?

I don't suppose it's because the original game used the d-pad to navigate the menus but the analogue sticks to play the game? The playstation has an 'analog' button which IIRC maps the analogue stick movements onto the dpad so you could do everything using the analogue sticks. Does the Pandora allow you to press the 'analog' button?

Seems that RRR came out before Sony released the dual analog controller so it's likely it won't recognise the analogue sticks (and thus the nubs?) at all.

Has anyone else had any luck running this game on their Pandora? I don't see it listed on the compatibility spreadsheet.

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue. It appears to be related to the bios, for some reason in RRR the controls don't work with the HLE bios.

It works fine with the SPCH1001.bin (I think that is what it is called) bios

tuki_cat hit the nail on the head. I can also confirm that it's a bios related issue. It works perfectly with SPCH1001.bin.

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue. It appears to be related to the bios, for some reason in RRR the controls don't work with the HLE bios.

It works fine with the SPCH1001.bin (I think that is what it is called) bios

I had SCPH7502 v4.1, I just popped in SPCH1001 and had the same result, can you verify which one you used?

*edit*

No wait, I have SCPH1001, not SPCH1001, lemme hunt through my BIOS files and try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back