Ripping Sound From Atari Lynx

I am not too familiar with the system, but what about using an emulator and recording the music from it?

I tried Handy for Windows, recorded a sample of the music and upped it in OGG on Rapidshare so you can check how it sounds.

WhiteFalcon said:
I am not too familiar with the system, but what about using an emulator and recording the music from it?

I tried Handy for Windows, recorded a sample of the music and upped it in OGG on Rapidshare so you can check how it sounds.

:) Thanks thats great, just what I wanted.

May I ask what did you use to record it? Just windows recorder or something? I would like the whole song off the start if possible.

...Im on Ubuntu at home, so if anyone knows anything that can record the system sound on that then that would be great. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have an actual Lynx, you could just hook the headphone socket up with your sound card's input socket and use Windows recorder thingy.

fishybawb said:
If you have an actual Lynx, you could just hook the headphone socket up with your sound card's input socket and use Windows recorder thingy.
ah thats probably better idea! Ill have to get it out of the loft. Its a bit jerky the sound on emulators I tried for that game for some reason.

Haha, yeah, the Lynx's volume is insane! My brother's got one - the older massive version. I was seriously jealous of him back in the day, it was a much more impressive beast than my Game Gear. It's been handed down to my other brother now, and still works as far as I know. Shame they painted them - it's all chipped off and looks like ass now.

Gates of Zendocon was fucking awesome, and the Lynx version of Gauntlet with the vertical screen setting was easily one of the best ports of the game :)

You can pick them up off eBay for peanuts...

... and the Lynx version of Lemmings was brilliant - identical to the Amiga version - the only thing missing was the particle effect when lemmings explode...

fishybawb said:
Haha, yeah, the Lynx's volume is insane! My brother's got one - the older massive version. I was seriously jealous of him back in the day, it was a much more impressive beast than my Game Gear. It's been handed down to my other brother now, and still works as far as I know. Shame they painted them - it's all chipped off and looks like ass now.

Gates of Zendocon was fucking awesome, and the Lynx version of Gauntlet with the vertical screen setting was easily one of the best ports of the game :)

ha ha mine is the older massive one aswell! :)

Back