Rip Gp32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

"Nobody's gay for Moleman"
Website
www.brutallyhonestgaming.com
With the GP2X beginning to pick up speed, and with me having no plans on purchasing one, i just wanted to thank the community and developers for all their hard work on the GP32. Without you guys it wouldn't have been what it was. :p Amazing things came out of this little system and it was good times, but now with the exception of a program here and there, i think this could be classified in the group of consoles that the Atari systems inhabit, the technically dead, but still seeing something released now and then, group.

Again, thanks everyone.

Also, i have to throw it in, RIP F-Day.

As far as I'm concerned, until the GP32 is nuked, and I bury its ashes, it's not dead. Hell, my NES isn't even dead to me. It's more like grandpa living in the nursing home who you visit like 3 times a year.

*yawn*
...your neogeo has a crappy logo :p :D there you go for telling us what dozens have told before and they were all proven wrong.

F-Day will happen - HPL works already for gp2x AND GP32. Thus, all emulators he creates for gp2x will both work on GP32 and gp2x (oh, and XBox, DC, etc.)

i'm not saying its dead to me, i'm saying as far as new stuff is concerned with the GP2x in the spotlight, releases will be far and few between.

Thats all. and

AAAGHGHHHHHGGG IT'S FRIGHTENING

av-3900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't think so at all.

When Fenix has been ported to the gp2x, you should see LOTS of new releases running both on the GP32 and gp2x :)

Even if there isn't anything released for the GP32, it still isn't dead. There's absolutely no reason not to keep and play one unless for some reason you just can't have an older version of something. I'm keeping my GP32 forever. It's the first handheld system I've purchased since I bought my original gameboy at least 10 years ago... And it does exactly what I've always wanted out of a handheld. I don't care if a newer system can replace it or not because the GP32 was the beginning of it all. It's just like my NES. I could never get rid of either one of them, no matter what(unless maybe I had to choose between selling/eating and keeping it/starving to death).

Topic title by Angel: "Rip Gp32"

"Rest In Peace" means to most people that someone/thing is dead. So YOU said it is dead. Oh, I haven`t seen any new release for the NeoGeoCD lately :D RIP NeoGeoCD :p

Again, it`s your logic.

Well, as I was rambling on to a mate who's active in the PSP scene last night, one of the many who were active on GP32 in the early days and then gave up, the GP32 is still a great buy and has really progressed over the years.

When I told him that DrMD could get 50fps with zero frameskip at 16Mhz sound on my 166Mhz GP32 Blu+, he was suitably surprised and had a new respect for this ol' handheld. The PSP at 333mhz gets 60fps at 24Mhz sound or something, GP32 managing a decent go at it with a much slower speed, that deserves respect from any coder.

DrMD is a great example of how the GP32 isn't dead. With Lik-Sang still selling the GP32, and the *cough* issues with the GP2X recently, I can see more people picking up the GP32 in the meantime.

With SEUCK coming up, a new release of Fenix, and F-Day, it's obvious the GP32 has not seen it's day yet.

When we got onto chatting about the GP2X itself, it's price in comparison to the PSP, and the problems the "unofficial pre-order" batch of 3000 units has had... Well, honestly I couldn't come up with a good argument to defend it. The guy has almost convinced me to give up on the GP2X for a few months and buy a PSP instead.

So, GP32 is far from dead, and I look forward to this mature platform finally being able to push the boundaries and show the world what it is capable of.

My GP32 BLU has a better joystick and better battery life too. For emulators that run the same speed on both units I will still use my GP32. It isn't dead to me.

Locking this and I will lock any other topics that say that the GP32 is dead!

Why? Because we all know it isn't. And it won't be for a long time. This worry-mongering does nothing positive, and I can easily see the thread becoming a weekly occurence, with the same replies each time. So stop worrying about it and enjoy your consoles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back