RIOT Tag-Team coding competition

I believe you can PM Uni his votes, and he will put them in for him (thats what he said in an email when I contacted him anyway).

I had it too... But I just cleared my browser's cache (+ history, but I'm sure that's not necessary) and then it worked :)

Voted. This was one tough decision to make. So different games with varying strengths. I ended up prioritizing what I enjoyed most playing.

Also the paper wars level was real easy :p . Can we have some more? :)

PaperWars ... I almost played through it last night... I was doing so well and then... baby duties! :p And after that we needed to try and sleep when baby was sleeping... so my only comments are: a save mode please? And cracking game!

I just came back from my 2 week holidays, and I wasn't on internet much. So I didn't try those games. I would love to vote, but I can't... I would need at least 24 more hours to try them.

how about extending voting deadline?

uh, ok. I managed to download all 10 games to pandora and try them.

panta vs dragon - funny

gigasun jet - "error while loading shared libraries: libsprig.so" EDIT: needs export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./ to run. Does not support nub movement, looks unfinished, but nice :)

paper wars - hangs on title screen ("1 player\n 2 players"), must kill it remotely or hard reset pandora EDIT: Must use stylus to navigate the game. Lovely graphics, but I don't understand rules yet. I only located three control keys: "ESC", left nub, stylus. I feel there is more but couldn't find them. For example zooming the map?

pirate baby - very small window, I have absolutely no idea how to play this, I only figured out how to quit it :)

prometheon - lots of stuff to read (extremely small letters), looks good, but no idea how to play it. I'm constantly being interrupted by some dialog boxes that I probably must read, I didn't figure out which button is "examine to investigate" ;) I guess that this game could be very good actually, but I had no time to really try it, yet. But why it isn't using full pandora screen? why stretching?

puzzletube - funny

rainy day - really nice, but really too short

Schizophrenia - I smell it could be nice, but currently it's hard to control :) I would prefer if greyout was finished, instead of making another one ;)

Shootet - funny

Skylark - unfinished, difficult to control the character

EDIT: I think I voted.. but I didn't get confirmation email

Last edited by a moderator:
Schizophrenia - I smell it could be nice, but currently it's hard to control :) I would prefer if greyout was finished, instead of making another one ;)

Hehe, yeah that actually was my plan initially, then Ziz asked me to collaborate with him... (it's all his fault, you see! ;) ).

I haven't forgot about Greyout and am still working on it, I finished another few levels just another week.

Also what do you mean by "hard to control" are you referring to the button assignments or the jump-/movement-physics and what part about that?

Also what do you mean by "hard to control" are you referring to the button assignments or the jump-/movement-physics and what part about that?

L/R are mapped as mouse buttons for me, I think they do not switch between the clones.

I don't know what are those blue/red crosses which appear sometimes

I don't know how to create a clone, it appears sometimes, but I'm not sure why :)

I think that red cross can delete a clone.

I don't remember yet which ABXY buttons are doing what :) Maybe some menu option for remapping them to favourite layout would be useful.

I like the galaxies rotational velocity graph

hmm maybe I get it. blue means to pick a target which will be cloned (can be something else than main character). Red is deleting..

Hehe, yeah that actually was my plan initially, then Ziz asked me to collaborate with him... (it's all his fault, you see! ;) ).
I wanted you to join the puzzletube team. You wanted to create a totally different game. it's all your fault! ;)

L/R are mapped as mouse buttons for me, I think they do not switch between the clones.

I don't know how to create a clone, it appears sometimes, but I'm not sure why :)

I don't remember yet which ABXY buttons are doing what :) Maybe some menu option for remapping them to favourite layout would be useful.

hmm maybe I get it. blue means to pick a target which will be cloned (can be something else than main character). Red is deleting..
Yep L/R are mapped to switching clones, too bad they don't work when you reconfigured them... well eventually there will be a control set-up in the final version.

The crosses are explained in the second level, the other controls are also all explained in the first two levels, also there is a readme file included in which you can read up on that if the on-screen instructions are too cryptic ;)

I have to admit those were added pretty late and don't quite fit the game and also don't do a good job of explaining the mechanics, but well we ran out of time on a lot of things.

I see you instantly spotted that little "hidden" detail about dark matter in the first level nice :) , maybe you can spot an overall theme ;)

I wanted you to join the puzzletube team. You wanted to create a totally different game. it's all your fault! ;)
No, it's not

Yep L/R are mapped to switching clones, too bad they don't work when you reconfigured them... well eventually there will be a control set-up in the final version.

The crosses are explained in the second level, the other controls are also all explained in the first two levels, also there is a readme file included in which you can read up on that if the on-screen instructions are too cryptic ;)

I have to admit those were added pretty late and don't quite fit the game and also don't do a good job of explaining the mechanics, but well we ran out of time on a lot of things.

I see you instantly spotted that little "hidden" detail about dark matter in the first level nice :) , maybe you can spot an overall theme ;)

No, it's not
Yes, it is!

*trout slap!*

Sorry wrong discussion.

As you were!

gigasun jet - "error while loading shared libraries: libsprig.so"

Do you think you could provide more info? My teammate was running it on his Pandora alright.

Is libsprig.so in the directory with the binary? What is the command you're using for running it? What distribution and window manager are you using? Do you have SDL installed? Can you check the output of ldd to make sure it is trying to link with the right lib (or pm me the output)?

Back