RF link possibilities

zboy9

かっこいいね。
Hey,
I know that I asked this a long time ago, but there are new people on this forum etc. So, does anyone think the RF-link could be used for more than just multiplayer-gaming? Maybe you could communicate text, or swap MP3's or games. I am not exactly sure if just no one has tried this before, or if it is not even technically possible. So if it is not technically possible, then my bad. :(

maybe you can use it to get radio on your gp32, that would be awesome :rolleyes:

Afaik the RF-link is only capable of 19.2 kbit, so it's pretty useless, even for most games it seem.
And compying files would ofcourse be possible, but damn slow.

---
mithris

isn't there a way to modify your RF link so it is possible to listen to the radio on your gp32, I would definitely buy a RF link if this would be possible :)

It would be just darned cool if someone tinkered with one RF-link and attached it to a serial connector of a PC. With some programming you could remote-control certain aspects of the PC with the GP32 and another RF-link, such as playlists, volume, etc, and even check on the GP32 display for mails or stuffs... uhm... OK, too much programming involved, but it would be cool. :D

19.2Kbit is waaay enough to transfer little images (compressed and scaled desktop screenshots etc) or textfiles (abovementioned playlists or emails etc) and most controls needn't be 100% time-critical...

Surely managing things on the couch or bed beats always sitting in front of the PC for music and Video stuffs... :lol:

I dont know the specs of it, but if it is actually 19.2kbit, it is NOT fast enough. Who wants to transfer images at 2kilobytes per second. Mp3s, no way that would be possible unless you want to use up all of your battery power just to transfer them... Text just isnt worth the trouble...

Radio on gp32 is pointless, as you could already buy something smaller than a gp32 for 10$ that plays radio just fine with better power efficiency.

Well, it was worth a shot to see if anyone knew about this thing. :(

GPmessenger IS a good idea. Yeah that would be awesome. And not too hard of a program to write either, that is unless it has a fancy gui with cool features. (And it should)

It would serve a purpose.

yeah, even though you can only go 30 feet with transfering data, it would still be cool, although I don't know anyone here that I could use it with. :(

Back