A Stretch Maybe... But It Could Happen

RIPPER: you've got a GP but don't speak Geek? shame on you! :)
VNC lets you take over a remote computer and control it, while viewing it's screen on the comp you are using. Network trouble shooters can then fix any problems remotely.

The only problem is: if you use a cable, you might as well get off your arse and go to the PC ;) You can't use the RF 'cause it is only 19,200Kb/s

I see how much memory you have in your computer and I laugh. I see your operating system and I laugh harder
Sorry, this made me laugh as it's the lamest thing I've read all day :)
Thanks for that :lol:

Then you would have to create a TCP-IP protocol for GP32 using USB port and to port VNC. Seems like huge work for such a small interest.

Why do you want VNC on GP32 ? Server ? Client ?
- Server is useless (emulation is better) and impossible to do. Because it is impossible at the same time for a GP32 to run applications and to perform server tasks.
- Client could have some utility as GP32 could replace a VNC window on your computer but still, VNC window is nicer to use (keyboard, mouse, resolution, ...)

That remembers me of someone who wanted ssh for GP32.

Would be cool to run games from your pc on the GP32, only by
projecting the image on the GP32 screen.

It would be like a remote display, with a gamepad input.

Would be cool, but i guess this would take far to long to create. :rolleyes:

Never going to happen over a 19,200 connection :( (which is what, 2.4KB/s?)
And if your doing it over USB, you'll be sitting in front of your comp, so you might as well use that.

TeDaDeS posted on Feb 27 2004 at 01:25 AM said:
Would be cool to run games from your pc on the GP32, only by
projecting the image on the GP32 screen.

It would be like a remote display, with a gamepad input.

Would be cool, but i guess this would take far to long to create. :rolleyes:
Did you ever try it? Even simple operations don't work smoothly (it works but there is a lag) over a 10/100 Mbit LAN. VNC is okay if you really need to control a computer from another place but comfortable gaming is not really an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much easier if the GP32's USB port was a controller (or whatever it's called) You could connect a Wi-Fi adapter or something :) And the ext port isn't fast enough (I think) All the screen data (scaled to 320x240/uncompressed) would be ~73KB. But it would be cool.... :)

Back