Retro Console collection - how do set yours up.

DrCJBoduma

Website
Visit site

I had a bit of time to kill and so decided to finally try and set up all my old games consoles in my attic room.

Check out the monster (fire hazard), why sega had to have these massive plugs I'll never know.

20130408_002.jpg20130408_001.jpg

Here is the console collection

20130408_003.jpg

and I've just connected up all the tv cables to this badboy

20130408_004.jpg

Just thought I would share and see if any one else has found a better/neater set up (the sheer number of wires, plugs etc is the problem), or just cared to share there gaming systems.

CJ

Those Segas are bulky because they're power transformers too! Less cable for them I guess. That Saturn needs a dusting! Dust is your enemy. Console killer over time.

Useless Sega AC tip #1: Megadrive 1 psu works with Atari Jaguars.

I'd love to have a lot of my machines set up in some manner so I could have them within arms reach all the time, but as many of them are 'new' and space is at a premium, they mostly live in storage boxes.

Nice! I never get around to hooking them all up .. just keep them for 'someday...'. Your'e awesome, since Someday has arrived!

I just keep some arcade machiens ready, and a stack of crazy handhelds (Turbo Express, Lynx!) in a nearby closet; my kids are playing Game Gear and "Game Girl" (gameboy) of late :)

jeff

Those Segas are bulky because they're power transformers too! Less cable for them I guess. That Saturn needs a dusting! Dust is your enemy. Console killer over time.

Useless Sega AC tip #1: Megadrive 1 psu works with Atari Jaguars.
They still could have thought about the bulk of them.  This is the first multiplug system I have found that can hold all the buggers in.(they usually take up 2 spaces per PSU)

You're right about the dust, didn't really notice it until I saw the pic.  Better get my duster out.

Thought about getting a Jaguar, but I've never really played it.  I tend to only have old systems I have fond(or at least some) memories of.

Nice! I never get around to hooking them all up .. just keep them for 'someday...'. Your'e awesome, since Someday has arrived!

I just keep some arcade machiens ready, and a stack of crazy handhelds (Turbo Express, Lynx!) in a nearby closet; my kids are playing Game Gear and "Game Girl" (gameboy) of late :)

jeff

Thanks,  I would trade all of them for part of your, what sounds a rather inpressive, arcade machine collection.  I am looking at getting a tabletop machine as a  bit of a project.

So Gamecube is already retro.
It's 2 nintendo machines ago, that has to count as retro by now.

Also taken from wikipedia 

The last officially licensed game to be released for the Nintendo GameCube was Madden NFL 08, which was released in the United States in August 2007. 

Here's some interesting (although a little misleading) info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_last_games_released_on_video_game_consoles#Released_in_Europe

Playstation last game 2005 - that had a loooong life.

CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Well when you look at it this way - the Gamecube was launched in 2001, 12 years ago - at that point the ZX Spectrum was considered pretty retro, yet it's final variant was only discontinued in 1992, 9 years before the GC.

12 Years before Gamecube, Atari ST and Amiga were still king!

Back