Retail Interface Board Discussion!

abet

Still Fresh
Well when it comes out...I will definatley get it. It looks good for external storage (4 usb ports :) ) but is that all it does? I dont exactly what is is or what it does all the way but I have heard of it helping fixing your gp2x if you somehow brick it? How does it do that? But yeah anyways it looks good for standing up the gp2x for whatching videos and all... Gp2x interface board

If you bork the bootloader you can reflash it with the BoB's JTAG interface.

Flip the battery cover over and stick it in backwards (not upside-down) instant GP2X stand.

Other things can plug into the USB ports. And it has svideo and audio ports.

Some enterprising person/company should jump in and produce plastic cases for the existing bare board, seems like there would be quite a few takers (I know I'd buy one...)

I think you would be better of designing a new board from scratch. The current one isn't that suitable for a case. Jtag and serial connectors most people won't use take up too much space. Plus you could position the connectors in more suitable positions.

The current board would end up practically the same size of the gp2x once wrapped in plastic with a compartment for a couple of AA batteries to power it.

The current one isn't that suitable for a case. Jtag and serial connectors most people won't use take up too much space.
I think many people would like to have the jtag connector as a backup, and I personally wouldn't buy such a board without a serial connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back