Restaurants

If you guys want to help me with restaurant stuff today, take a look at this Facebook post and tell me what to order.

Weird how they talk abot protein as if it is a kind of food instead of a nutrient. That is like ordering some sugar and getting a bunch of bananas or ordering honey and getting forest berry tea sweetened with honey.

I'm going to a breakfast restaurant with my sister today, Famous Toastery. It's the place she wanted, since my dad is out of state this week. Due to her schedule, she won't be here until 11 AM though, so I might end up getting one of their lunch options. They do serve breakfast during their entire operating hours, since it's what people go for. I dunno, what do you guys think, breakfast or lunch?

Edit: To be honest, I kinda want the Famous Hash, but I always feel like I'm getting screwed if I don't get at least one calorie per cent, and a look at a recent menu photo for the location we're going to tells me it fails that rule. Not much stuff on their menu actually meets that rule though. Also, for some reason I still have no problem drinking diet soda.

Last edited:
To update that post two weeks ago, the spinach artichoke dip was great, mostly because the pita chips were fresh made.

Anyway, my dad’s birthday is this week, but I’m seeing him tomorrow, so I’ll probably just pay for his meal at a restaurant then. He hasn’t told me where he wants to go yet though, and the suspense is killing me. Knowing him, it won’t be any place too fancy though.

Meh, my dad revealed to me that he wants to go to a chain restaurant, The Juicy Crab.

Here’s hoping he doesn’t order actual crab.

My dad just got a half pound of headless shrimp, not too bad. My fried catfish was actually more expensive than his meal.

@JDTAY Why are you against ordering crab? And what dessert did you get?

I'm going to eat out somewhere around my dad's town later today. That's not what I'm here to talk about though. I've mentioned a few times, I'll be staying at the Outer Banks for a week starting Saturday, specifically in Avon. My older sister doesn't want us to dine out while we're there due to COVID-19, but we might get takeout a few times. More importantly, a friend of mine from the coast and her family said they plan to meet up with me to eat in Avon, and my dad and older sister said it was okay for me to eat with them. So now I'm trying to work out my options for eating out with them.

Part of the problem is that many of the restaurants in Avon don't open until 5 PM, so I have to plan based on what time of day they arrive. My thoughts so far...
Before 5 PM: Oceana's Bistro, Buxton Munch (just south of Avon), or Dirty Dick's Crab House
After 5 PM: Ketch 55 most likely, but maybe Mad Crabber or Oceana's Bistro

Follow this link to help out:

I’ve been thinking more about the pros and cons of Dirty Dick’s Crab House.
Pro: You can buy a shirt there that says “I got my crabs from Dirty Dick’s!”
Con: The food has STDs in it.

I think it about evens out.

Are you questioning the integrity of an establishment that refers to itself as "Dirty Dick's Crab House"? I'll have you know that the ratio of dining to prostitution there is at least three to one.

You know, on my beach vacation, I ended up eating at Ketch 55 and the Mad Crabber, but not Dirty Dick's. Maybe next time.

I'm going to a new Mexican restaurant with my dad tonight. If you haven't sworn off Facebook yet, you can check out the menu here:

I went to a pizza buffet place tonight, because I might as well get Omicron and get it over with. My dad, who was there with me, has already had it.

Exactly! Isolate together using the whole house. Omicron is nothing. Felt like an odd but rather weak headache. Made me decide boosters are bullshit.

It'll just be me and my dad tonight, and he likes to try new places, so I was thinking of going to this one bar in South Carolina. According to reviews, they have good food, but also a rough crowd, and fights sometimes break out. Should I go or not?

Reactions: rSl
Back