Resident Evil On Psx4gp2x?

The directors cut is supposed to work amazingly...yet for me no matter what settings I use I just hang at the "This game contains explicit blood and gore." and then the entire thing freezes up. Any suggestions?

LegendaryMachine posted on Mar 22 2007 at 09:46 PM said:
The directors cut is supposed to work amazingly...yet for me no matter what settings I use I just hang at the "This game contains explicit blood and gore." and then the entire thing freezes up. Any suggestions?

I am no sony fanboy and I also don't know what your plans were with the GP2X. But if all you like is PS1 as a portable I think you should sell your GP2X and get a PSP It doesn't require batteries and can be charged unlike the GP2X-you can't even charge the rechargable batteries in the GP2X with them in their using the power cord thats how bad it really is. But if you like NEO GEO or anything 2d stick with the GP2X and I hope you figure out your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SonicX: And I think you should give advice rather then mumble crap. How do you suppose to know that he only wants to play psx games on his gp2x?

back on topic: Well, I really don't know what you might have done wrong. Have a look into the wiki. The psx emulator is rather experimental as you might know and will probably hang a lot depending on what bios you are using and if you have a compressed iso image or not.

I can't really help a lot as I am not really that interested in psx emulation and never gave it more attention then a quick run...

xnopasaranx posted on Mar 22 2007 at 09:54 PM said:
@SonicX: And I think you should give advice rather then mumble crap. How do you suppose to know that he only wants to play psx games on his gp2x?

back on topic: Well, I really don't know what you might have done wrong. Have a look into the wiki. The psx emulator is rather experimental as you might know and will probably hang a lot depending on what bios you are using and if you have a compressed iso image or not.

I can't really help a lot as I am not really that interested in psx emulation and never gave it more attention then a quick run...

Yeah, I figured. I have it as a .img format if that matters at all, I think it was tested as a .iso.

Last edited by a moderator:
try it with a pc psx emulator and see if it actually works there. it might be that it's not the image itself.

oh... well that kind defeats the purpose then ^^

Don't know what to do then. It might be your bios rom or the image... Or maybe it is your overclock rate. Try a lower OC aswell.
Well... I am going to sleep now. Good luck mate!

I dont think this will help much, but i have run quite a few psx games now in various image formats and i have resi directors cut in .IMG and i get the same prob, i do know its not the image as it works on a PC emu with no probs. I also have all the resi's 4 psx in .IMG and resi 2 works but is a bit too slow tobe played.

Looks like whoever tested it on wiki either lied or used a different (older) version of the emu.
Compatability varies alot across all versions, looks like we will have wait for an update from zod.

PLEASE update this emu. :D

btw,
I also play many other emu's on 2x and psx is just a bonus, legendarymachine probably does the same.

When questions are asked, we want answers not critisism (think I spelt that wrong, oh well)

Back