Resident Evil GP

bmd3287

Website
Visit site
I was playing that resident evil homebrew game for GP32 and realized that there was only about 5 min of gameplay. The graphics are pretty good. When do you think we will get a real one, or at least a finished version of that game.

Because it's tech demo to show capabilities of GP 32. Did you notice that that only hall was simillar to original Resi. The other availaible room was different from original. And besides, I strongly doubt that Capcom would allow making homebrew GP32 version of one of their best known an most valuable series :)

im not sure on the lagality issues.

Dindnt the person who is making the 2d zelda oot remake say that it was perfectly legal because he was not going to sell the software, it is free homebrew software. Wouldnt the same rules apply with a gp32 remake of resi. but then i remember all of those gp32 tetris clones being deleted because they where basically the same game. Probably is illegal.

Sponge BoB posted on Dec 14 2003 at 10:53 PM said:
im not sure on the lagality issues.

Dindnt the person who is making the 2d zelda oot remake say that it was perfectly legal because he was not going to sell the software, it is free homebrew software. Wouldnt the same rules apply with a gp32 remake of resi. but then i remember all of those gp32 tetris clones being deleted because they where basically the same game. Probably is illegal.
I think your right on that one, and if it is the case, then nothing will ever come of Street Fighter Alpha GP, Mortal Kombat, and DragonBallGP, but I don't think the author ever intended to do any more work to these games anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back