Psxone Resident Evil Vid On Gp32spain

djchk

Has anyone seen the video on GP32spain of someone playing resident evil? Is it real? if so it looks awesome :D

04/05/2006 - [GP2X] Video de Resident Evil de PsOne en GP2X
guevaudan nos ha enviado un video del emulador de PSX, GP2PSX, ejecutandose con el juego Resident Evil.

Este video solo es para mostrar el actual estado del emulador. De ningun modo teneis que esperar que pronto se vaya a conseguir que el emulador funcione al 100% ya que no se sabe con exactitud si se podrá conseguir nunca. Aun asi Zodttd, con la ayuda de una-i, estan trabajando para conseguir los mejores resultados.

Actualización: Había un problema en el archivo. Ahora debería funcionar bien.

Translated horribly.

04/05/2006 - [GP2X] Video of Resident Evil of PsOne in GP2X guevaudan has sent us a video of the rival of PSX, GP2PSX, being executed with the play Resident
Evil.

This alone video is to show the present state of the rival. Of ningun way teneis that to expect that soon be going to obtain that the rival function al 100% since itself is not known with accuracy if will be able to obtain never. Even asi Zodttd, with the aid of an-i, they are working to obtain the better results.

Updating: There was a problem in the file. Now should function well.

Looks cool, I would love to play this on the GP2X.

here's a looser and smoother translation. hope i didn't get anything wrong (i speak a little italian, no spanish):

04/05/2006 - [GP2X] Video of Resident Evil of PsOne in GP2X

guevaudan has sent us a video of the PSX emulator GP2PSX playing the game Resident Evil.

The purpose of this video is just to show the emulator's present state. Loosely: We shouldn't expect the emulator to work at 100% since there's know way of knowing with accuracy if that's even possible. But even now zodttd and una-i's are working to obtain better results.

Update: There was a problem with the archive. Now should function well.

edit: the video is on http://www.gp32spain.com/
just scroll down a bit. but it requires registration...perhaps someone could repost it in evildragon's archives?

Assuming it's real (although it might not be) this is the most impressive PSX output I've seen yet, I think. Sure, it's not full speed (maybe about half?), but it's smooth as anything. The kind of speed I could imagine playing some (albeit not many) games at. Fantastic!

Tobriand posted on May 5 2006 at 12:57 PM said:
Assuming it's real (although it might not be) this is the most impressive PSX output I've seen yet, I think. Sure, it's not full speed (maybe about half?), but it's smooth as anything. The kind of speed I could imagine playing some (albeit not many) games at. Fantastic!

It's real.

Bio Hazard runs with this speed because the pre-rendered stuff (2D, only the character is 3D). With more characters in the screen the game slows the speed.

The video was done with the last version of GP2PSX and a GP2X with the firmware 2.0 (this seems to do a little boost).

Last edited by a moderator:
SolidSnake posted on May 5 2006 at 02:40 PM said:
could parasite eve be possible?

Yah, I'd wager. The backgrounds were prerendered. And being turnbased, it might work rather well.

I'd love to play Worms Armageddon on the go. The new Worms DS/PSP games just aren't as good.

This, therefore, rocks a whole lot.

Looks like I don't have the right codec to watch this. Anyone know which one it is I need to download?

Jarska333 posted on May 5 2006 at 02:32 PM said:
SolidSnake posted on May 5 2006 at 02:40 PM said:
could parasite eve be possible?

Yah, I'd wager. The backgrounds were prerendered. And being turnbased, it might work rather well.
Parasite Eve was fantastic but not, unfortunately, turn-based. I think that combat in Eve might be a little too slow to be really playable.

We can always hope though.

sand_man posted on May 5 2006 at 07:56 AM said:
Looks like I don't have the right codec to watch this. Anyone know which one it is I need to download?

rokdcasbah posted on May 5 2006 at 08:08 AM said:
well i use video lan client and i've never had a codec problem...i think it opens everything ever invented.

Grab the DefilerPak, it has most of the codecs you will ever need, and is updated often.
http://www.hellninjacommando.com/defilerpak
.. and it's goon-approved. B)

VideoLAN / VLC plays most things because it has built-in codecs that override what are on your system. This is a nonideal solution if you need more up-to-date codecs however, and Media Player Classic (an excellent, small, light and fast freeware player) generally works better for non-streaming and non-damaged streams.

sand_man posted on May 5 2006 at 05:56 AM said:

I don't mean to offend, but it is uncompressed from the RAR archive right?

I can't unRAR it here at school, damn M$, that is why I can't see it.

hmm vlc is great, it only has problems with the newest wmv and real codecs

Back