Resident Evil

everyone is allowed to be an ( o ) everyonce in a while. I suppose.

If the recent Mithris 15 day demo can put hugely detailed, *reflective* high-poly objects on the screen at a great framerate...this RE game should at LEAST be able to push a few decent 3D characters on a prerendered background.

Rambozo posted on Jul 11 2003 said:
If the recent Mithris 15 day demo can put hugely detailed, *reflective* high-poly objects on the screen at a great framerate...this RE game should at LEAST be able to push a few decent 3D characters on a prerendered background.
A few might not be enough. Part of the joy of RE was being swarmed by zombies :D

Frankly, a "true" 3D engine would almost be a waste on RE for the GP32. For the most part, the POV is of a pretty wide shot. The actual characters would be only 30 or 40 pixels tall. there wouldn't be enough detail to make rendering them worthwhile. Simply scaling sprites for distance (like doom) would be sufficient for the game to look good, and it wouldn't take nearly as much processing power.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this is an ass (_*_) hehe :p

but it is true he would have to write the whole thing over again.

i offered him my services but i think i overwelmed him his english isnt to good he is french after all :)

:ph34r:

Funny you should mention monkey island. some original adventure games would kick ass.

I think scaling sprites would be the best way, combined with some line collision detection, to create a pseudo-3d feel. This isn't a scene-by-scene clone of Resi, after all. Just a 'homage' to it.

Yeah i have crazeeplaya the dragonball game is well its ok

You just have to hold down 1 button to powerup which makes your life energy pump up and the AI isnt really AI it keeps comming at u and if u hold down the punch u see him fly to the other side and stay there till u stop pushing the button but he attack u if u try to get more power but its very easy to kill them

u have to try there is only punch and kick no fireball or anything i think the game would be perfect if u could do energy blast etc and u played some1 across the RF link or the net something other wise it will get boring like all other dbz games

besides the dbz RPG game thats not bad the gba version sucks :p u finish it in less than an hour

NiN^_^NiN posted on Jul 12 2003 said:
Yeah i have crazeeplaya the dragonball game is well its ok

You just have to hold down 1 button to powerup which makes your life energy pump up and the AI isnt really AI it keeps comming at u and if u hold down the punch u see him fly to the other side and stay there till u stop pushing the button but he attack u if u try to get more power but its very easy to kill them

u have to try there is only punch and kick no fireball or anything i think the game would be perfect if u could do energy blast etc and u played some1 across the RF link or the net something other wise it will get boring like all other dbz games

besides the dbz RPG game thats not bad the gba version sucks :p u finish it in less than an hour

You know, there's nothing I hate more than someone who nitpicks the spelling / grammar in other posts. ESPECIALLY since I know my spelling is horrible :rolleyes:

That being said, you MAY want to throw the occasional punctuation mark into your posts. Your run-on sentences make it rather tough to follow what you're trying to say. You seem to have intelligent and usefull comments on most subjects, but that does not come across easily with your complete disregard for grammar.

This is purely a suggestion. Please do not take this as a personal attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back