Resident Evil

NightStar

First of all, I'd like to say "Yippie"... Okay, with that out of the way:

Is it me, or does this look like it uses the Blueroses 3D engine? (GBA - Site: http://www.raylight.it/Blueroses3dagb/blueroses.htm) as it looks like the 3D engine they have created for the Advance, and looks like they were making Resident Evil!

Not that I am complaining mind! If he manages to pull this off, it'll be one heck of a game... Probably the selling point to the GP32 over here in Europe (And in the States!)... I will hold my breath (As I think it's worth it... *shake head* *smile* *hold up product to camera*)

I'm just wondering how this is going to go - As far as I am aware, the RE game hasn't been released for the GBA, so I wonder where all the code came from... If it's his own design, then I am mighty impressed!

Not trying to sound like a killjoy, but I'm not sure how Raylight might look on this if they are still doing the GBA version of RE!

I am positive that the gp32 version that had the screen shots posted here

http://www.gp32news.com/gp32news/news/07_03/re.gif

is a compleatly diffrent game than the blue rose version that has screen shots posted here.

http://www.raylight.it/Blueroses3dagb/blueroses.htm

the style of the graphics for both games look much diffrent. I honestly think that the gp32 version looks much better. I wonder how this is being done for the gp32 though. Is this going to be a comercial game? I would imagine that it probably isn't because nintendo owns the rights to the series. Anyway so if this is an amature coder that is amazing but I won't get to excited yet. I'm sure a project like that will take a ton of time if it is infact real which I hope it is.

I had a closer look, and I can see the the BlueRoses engine is fully 3D (Including Background) whereas the GP32 version is a 2D backdrop... So I would say that they are different. Regardless, the res of the GP32 should make it look better. :)

I was mainly thinking about if Raylight are programming Resident Evil (Only a presumtion, as the screens sure look like RE!) for the GBA, how this might effect the GP32 project - i.e. Would they get annoyed if someone releases the game before them.... (Licence's, etc..) Hey - Maybe they could help and use their code, and the GP32 code and release all the RE games on the GP32!!! If the GBA can do that quality of 3D, the GP32 can too (With a lot of programming, mind!)

I don't really care - I want to play either, and the GP32 would be nice. I'm just thinking about what the programmer might get himself into!

This could all just be a lot of hooey, and the screen-shots of the BlueRoses engine may just be tests to see what it can do, but it looks more like an alpha release screen shots that just an example of its capabilities.

yeah the blue rose stuff over all does look pretty impresive. I wish the gp32 had as much attention as the gba does from profesional game developers. I really do hope that the europoean release will get more attention from developers who would be willing to build 3d engines of that quality for it. After looking at the gp32 screen shots of re it looks like the guy who is doing it went through and took screen shots from the playstaion version of the game and then just animated the main charactor over them. I would imagine that that would acctually work out pretty well since most of the scenes in that game were all pre rendered and didn't really move around much. So all it would really take is a screen shot of a room then animating the main charactor over it and then scripting zombies and stuff to pop out at the right time. It could be really great and I wish the guy who is doing it alot of luck because it looks great so far. It kind of reminds me of the kof port that is also being worked on with ripped graphics and stuff. All of those projects look like a ton of work and I'm sure then will be amazing if ever finished. I hope the guy who is doing re can keep it up because I'm sure its going to be a really long project.

I think the author is using a really bad image viewer cause its taking all the colour out of the images when he makes them gifs

Iv been helping him on another project (DBgp) with a few images cause his were losing alot of colour

Might be the same problem with the RE game i'll have to ask him when i get home

Ok he is using 8bit images for the RE game so that explains the bad colours

but guess what.....YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT

go to www.gp32emu.com and they ahve the fxe file for download :)

i just played it and it is ok prob not the best but still aint that bad but the gba version is better it uses a 3d engine where this game does not :huh:

Still its pretty cool check it out :D

:ph34r:

I Cant dl from GP32Emu or GP32News :( *sob* i wanna play RE on my gp32...

Why in the hell dont gp32news or emu use norm dl's?

Wow it's really impressive. Shame about the 8bit display....perhaps someone could help him out with the pictures or alert him to the possibility of 16bit, it would make a huge difference.

Yeah im gonna see if he wants some help i was making graphics for his dragon ball gp game as he is using 8bit and i dont know why he dosent use 16bit might be the lib hes using for graphics hmm...

:ph34r:

Perhaps memory is the problem? 16bit color would take up twice the memory of 8bit, and perhaps there's not enough available with the game running.

Its a pretty cool prospect. The RE game for the GBC I believe got canned due to slow running but we've got a hell of a lot more processing power so it's going to be one of those things were we wait and see

Heh, i always thought it got canned because it was sucking majorly :D guess I was wrong, but there you go. Anyway the gp32 version should be better as we do have a hell of a lot more power and RAM

Im gonna be honest and say that this demo sucks
it isnt 3d
it isnt even sorta 3d

its more like monkey island than anything.

Swiss Cheeseman,
If you think you can code something better, I encourage you to try. Give this guy a break and let him work out the bugs. It takes time to get things flowing. Also, some people may not be as intelligent in coding as YOU are!
I admit, I can't code at all. So just lay off until he's totally done working on it.

Good start with Resident Evil....keep it up.

I'm just being an asshole.

To get things flowing, he would have to re-write it so all the rooms have basic 3d geometry (not rendered real time), the character is 3d, and redo the control scheme.

Back