Release [REPO] Widelands - 0.1.18.4 - Update

Repository

widelands1.png
Widelands is an open source (GPLed) real-time strategy game. It is built upon the SDL and other open source libraries and is (and will always be) under heavy development. If you knew Settlers, then you already have a rough idea what Widelands is all about.
Get it from here!

Anyone else having trouble downloading the latest version from the repo?

05/June/2013 (Version:0.1.18.5 Filesize:173.09 Mb)

I tried maybe 8-10 times in the last 24hrs and it keeps stopping short of 90mb.

Never had this problem before, even with very large files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else having trouble downloading the latest version from the repo?

05/June/2013 (Version:0.1.18.5 Filesize:173.09 Mb)

I tried maybe 8-10 times in the last 24hrs and it keeps stopping short of 90mb.

Never had this problem before, even with very large files.

Yeah.  same here. :(

- Neelix
Only with this certain file, or with every file that exceeds a certain size ? Only on the Pandora or also on a PC/Notenbook (and if so, hows the connection speed).

I have this problem with every file that exceeds a certain size ever since the last repo incident => see here

Last edited by a moderator:
I was downloading on a Pandora, with Firefox 20. It failed at various points between 65-95mb each time. I'm not sure if I downloaded anything bigger very recently, but definitely have many times before with no problem.

I'm getting the same issue with the latest version too, download fails at different points between 80-90mb :(

Tried different browsers, several times - Arora reports 'connection closed' error.

I'm getting the same issue with the latest version too, download fails at different points between 80-90mb :(

Tried different browsers, several times - Arora reports 'connection closed' error.
I still think ptit'seb is right with his theory about a timeout thats cutting of the connection during the download. Whats your average download speed ? I have no problem downloading large files with Firefox, but using PNDManager it stalls every time at around 80MB - but this is maybe caused by the difference in average download speed: ~600 kB/s in Firefox vs. 60 kB/s in PNDManager.

Speed varies, I just tried again (failed at 65mb) and got ~350 kB/s in Firefox or Arora.

Never any problems d/l big files on the Pandora otherwise, I used it for a 4Gb file the day before and got almost 2Gb of stuff from GOG after failing to get Widelands pnd!

Back