repo enhancements

MarkW

okayyy - the repo does its job.

However, is there anyway of implementing a more 'fuzzy' search. ATM, you really need to know the title of an application to find it. Is it possible to provide a search that perhaps utilises other text in the entry - or am I missing a trick here?

It already has a somewhat fuzzy search.

The description of each entry will be searched, but only when you actually perform the search by pressing Enter. The "quick search" list appearing while you enter a term to search is only based on title, you will get more results by pressing Enter.

(This could be expanded to also look through the "additional info" section or comments, maybe as options on an "advanced serach" page...)

For example: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=all&search=puzzle+platformer

Last edited by a moderator:
It already has a somewhat fuzzy search.

The description of each entry will be searched, but only when you actually perform the search by pressing Enter. The "quick search" list appearing while you enter a term to search is only based on title, you will get more results by pressing Enter.

(This could be expanded to also look through the "additional info" section or comments, maybe as options on an "advanced serach" page...)

For example: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=all&search=puzzle+platformer
I see.

I'm not sure how common this knowledge is though. I typed in Spreadsheet - and came up only with GanttProject  :huh:  . I guess people need to learn to be a little more descriptive!

Seems it's working to spec, but still managing to miss reasonable expectations to me. In the case of 'spreadsheet' is seems to be because LibreOffice mentions the application names (specifically 'Calc') rather than their application (in Calc's case, as a spreadsheet). So in practice there's only one PND in the repo that matches the word 'spreadsheet', and that's GanttProject because it's description mentions it can export to the CSV spreasheet format.

Not sure the best way to make the spec match user's expectations better. Perhaps normally invisible keywords could be added, if this is a wider issue, or perhaps the LibreOffice description could just be tweaked in this case to mention it contains a spreadsheet app, a word processor, a relational database engine, formula evaluator, a presentation app and a vector drawing app.

Back