Validating a PXML file with the xsd from the git repo

thatgui

Advanced Member
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to validate a generated pxml file with the latest xsd from the repo. Unfortunatly xmlpad seems to have a problem with the xsd file

Could it be possible(but I'm a noob in this matter) that elements with the same name and the same scope must have the same type ?

xmlpad says:

"cos-element-consistent: For element declaration particles with the same title{http://openpandora.org/namespaces/PXML}, all their type definitions must be the same to..."

Hint anyone ?

I am using xmllint for validation which works nicely. My exact call is this one:

Code:
xmllint --schema $PXML_schema $PXML

I don't know how other validators work exactly or if they expect something differently, but I am confident that xmllint does a decent job. It might make sense to paste your pxml file so that we can check if it is really the file or possibly the validator.

Last edited by a moderator:
as it seems, I did not make myself clear - sorry.

What I'm currently trying is to view the xsd-file in xmlpad not validating a xml file against it. I also tried some xsd to object code generators (MS xsd, xsd2code) to look for a more understandable error message. But with no luck, xsd2code only gave me the error I already came up with myself, and xsd isn't very talkative about it

Ah, okay. This xsd is completely handwritten, so no idea how tools will react to it. To "interpret" and change things, I simply use a decent text editor with usable syntax highlighting (kate or vim that is).

Ok, thanks for the info. It works if I delete the requirement (en_US) rules for titles and descriptions. No nice solution, but the program already copes with that, so no real harm done

Back