Release [REPO] Cube Trains - 1.0.0.2 - New

Repository

Cube Trains is a free puzzle game where you build elevated railways in a city. It features 3D puzzles, unlimited undo/redo, and smart placement of pieces. The non-linear level graph means you don't have to beat a level before unlocking the next one.
Get it from here!

I don't know if you care for any feedback but I will give it a go .

During the 1st tutorial the music stopped. I do not know if this is intentional?? I only completed the 2nd tutorial however no music whatsoever. Upon restarting tutorial 2 the music returned only to stop midway. I liked the music.

The sound of the trains passing each other was very well done. It would have been nice to have an explosion audio byte when the trains collide....yes I did that intentionally :p

The straight tracks and curved tracks from the toolbox appeared washed out compared to the other icons in there.

Otherwise and for what it is worth I think this game is a class act. 

I will attempt the 'gas lamp' stage at another time and review if you care for me to. Unless somebody beats me to it. :huh:   :D

Thank you for this.

Last edited:

During the 1st tutorial the music stopped. I do not know if this is intentional?? I only completed the 2nd tutorial however no music whatsoever. Upon restarting tutorial 2 the music returned only to stop midway. I liked the music.

The sound of the trains passing each other was very well done. It would have been nice to have an explosion audio byte when the trains collide....yes I did that intentionally :p

The straight tracks and curved tracks from the toolbox appeared washed out compared to the other icons in there.

I will attempt the 'gas lamp' stage at another time and review if you care for me to. Unless somebody beats me to it. :huh:   :D

Thank you for this.
Feedback is good. I think I've noticed this too, but was too occupied with the puzzles to know of it was a issue or not. This game uses the newest Frogatto engine, so maybe the Pandora code needs a change. Since the devs manage the Pandora code for this engine, I'll contact them or the person who ported Frogatto on the repo for advice. Otherwise, the icons are something the Dev will probably fix.

Thank you for this.
Feedback is good. I think I've noticed this too, but was too occupied with the puzzles to know of it was a issue or not. This game uses the newest Frogatto engine, so maybe the Pandora code needs a change. Since the devs manage the Pandora code for this engine, I'll contact them or the person who ported Frogatto on the repo for advice. Otherwise, the icons are something the Dev will probably fix.
Thanks for the response...looking forward to any improvements that can be made  ;)

It is a grand game.

Last edited:
There's a square of dodgy graphics around the cursor - would notaz' SDL help?

Thank you for this.
I only was able to procure one track of music for the game. Rather than play it on loop until you hated it, I opted to play it once at the beginning. If you liked the music, the composer is trying to put together some funds for a better sample library for his next game here: https://www.facebook.com/epicbeyond/posts/459420670811171

There's a square of dodgy graphics around the cursor - would notaz' SDL help?
If there is any way to turn off the cursor graphic entirely, I could supply a version of the game that drew it's own cursor.

Also, screenshots on the button thing would be nice, if this isn't one already: http://cubetrains.com/images/screenshot%20gallery/snapshot12.jpeg

How about put it on loop until we hate it but with a 'mute' button?

eyecreate, on 10 May 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

CocoCreekFisherman, on 10 May 2013 - 7:20 PM, said:

I will attempt the 'gas lamp' stage at another time and review if you care for me to. Unless somebody beats me to it. :huh: :D

Thank you for this.
I tried running this game on my desktop and found a similar one track and then silence. Since this isn't a pandora specific issue(and maybe devs want it that way), I plan to keep it as is. I will still see if I can fix the UI overlap and maybe performance if it's possible.

EDIT:All I could find of the interface was a blender file, so I think that will get shelved for now too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back