Replacement Joypad?

Lister2020

Still Fresh
I remember when I bought the gp2x it came with two, one was much more responsive but fell off all the time.

Well TBH I completely for got about the gp2x the last several months, not even took it out of the bag.

I just did last night and im on firmware 2.1.1 now, But Ive lost both joypads,

Can someone recommend me the best replacement one? And Id really need it to lock on (so it doesnt fall off) because Im guessing otherwise I will just keep losing it. Would I maybe even be able to glue it on?

Thanks for the help

There are two different types available.

Click here to see the official version
Click here to see Craigix's version

Craigix's version (also available from his store) is nice and big with a GP2X logo on it to help grip but can be prone to coming off easily.
The official version will not come off easily (I had to use a pair of pliers and a bit of mild force to get it off mine), but is smaller and I don't really like the raised 'tit' in the centre (that's just personal preference though).

If you're worried about it coming off, you're best to go with the official cap. That won't fall off.

what about DaveC's d-pad mod? its a good replacement from what ive heard (say when will those be available again?)

White Demon posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:21 AM said:
Craigix's version (also available from his store) is nice and big with a GP2X logo on it to help grip but can be prone to coming off easily.
I prefer Craig's cap but hate that it falls off quite easily, so I used a tiny bit of tissue paper in the hole to solve the problem.

Here's a badly drawn diagram illustrating what I did....

Cap.gif

All is now fine :)
Clare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't it be best to find the one you like the most, put a dab of super glue on it, than put it on?

WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:46 AM said:
White Demon posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:21 AM said:
I prefer Craig's cap but hate that it falls off quite easily, so I used a tiny bit of tissue paper in the hole to solve the problem.

Here's a badly drawn diagram illustrating what I did....

Cap.gif

All is now fine :)
Clare.

Nice diagram but you have way too much time on your hands ;)

I found the one that says GP2X on it and is very responsive but falls off a lot.

Ill try the paper thing and if that doesnt work ill find me some superglue!

Decided that when I finish uni in may Im finally going to use the sdk and get into coding for the gp2x (my degree is software engineering so the gp2x can keep me pre occupied in my spare time!)

xenonflash posted on Mar 15 2007 at 08:40 PM said:
Okay, I tried the paper thing with Craig's cap, but now the paper is stuck in the bottom of the cap and I cant get it out!
As in my diagram, you have to have a thin piece of paper and put it on the side of the hole. I guess a thin bit of cellophane would work as well too, and that wouldn't rip.

If you need to remove paper from the bottom of the hole, use a sewing needle to fish it out :)

edit: I won't use super glue on my GP2X, the paper trick works well and I don't want unnecessary glue near it. I may after all want to change the cap in future.

Back