Removing the Tapatalk advertisement

Ziz

Advanced Member
It is annnoying and the x is way to small to hit it (+ it needs some seconds to react)

Maybe the http user agent is important? I have it with opera mobile in my smartphone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes, that could be it.

I switched my user agent string to the one of Opera 12.02 Android, and saw the advert when I reloaded the forum index page - but not on any other pages FWIW.  It also broke this edit box until I switched back to my proper user agent string, so it looks like that is something that is deliberately broken for Opera users as well.

But not because of the Render engine, because you used FF (?), but with another User Agent. ;)

Yes, if I use FF with my user agent set to fake Opera Mobile, I see an attachment making box below all the posts but no space to actually type a reply, as other Opera users have reported.  I don't even have Opera installed, so it's definitely firefox I'm running.

Yes, it does seem to still be there.  I switched my user-agent to the Opera Mobile one and then reloaded the forum index, and the ad seems to still be there.  I don't think it's a cached copy - I reloaded a few times, and my notifications seem up-to-date there.

I'm using Firefox for what it's worth, but I can reproduce most of the Opera issues if I use its user agent.  Just for testing reasons, you understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, that's weird. Might need to hack into the tapatalk plugin directly then...

The Tapatalk plugin is at it again... now with modal popup

hT6qd37.png

I'm getting this on Firefox for Android. It's reproducible when opening in a private tab.

Back