Removing The Pandora Section From Gp32X

Should the Pandora section be removed?

• Total voters

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
I've been noticing that the traffic in the Pandora section is slowly but surely dying. This begs the question whether or not to remove it from these boards.

It has it's own dedicated forums which most people go to now for help and info and I think that soon the section here will be all but useless. And besides that it would help the Pandora crowd by
consolidating everything into one site.
I'm of the mind that it should be moved over to the Panda forums and I'm interested in hearing other peoples opinions on this. Of course Ed would have the final say in any of this.

I'd also like to hear any ideas about a possible replacement, Android maybe? Unfortunately there's not much else out there at the moment.

The traffic on this board has been slow period. This board is a good one stop forum for owners of multiple handhelds so taking away the Pandora will only hurt the forum. Oddly I think the traffic is really slow on its own dedicated board.

I see your point but does a section that gets no traffic really serve a purpose? In that regard I probably should have included the Dingoo section as well. I completely forgot about that section since it's almost never used. These respective sections do have useful stickies and such but the same info can be found on their main sites.
Idk, i'm kind of back and forth on this. It may well hurt this site while helping the others. Maybe consign it to a sub-forum like the Dingoo and GP32?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not anti anything and I would certainly never want to see this site turn into a ghost town. I own all these handhelds with the exception of the Pandora(pre-orderer, still waiting), this is just something i've been thinking about as of late.

Dont know ... there's not much going on within all the sections, it's not so much pandora specific, but the overall "trend" here.
I think this page desperately needs a new board software, it needs more modern look to attract more people again.

but ... well, even notaz, who first said, not doing posting much on the openpandora forums, is now slowly moving over there - at least this is what i read between the lines on his pcsx rearmed r10 post.

but well, just because the traffic/discussions are little, there's no real need to remove all the information that is hidden for example in the developer sections.

At the least, a reduction of subforums might be appropriate. For example:

- Merge Homebrew, Emulation and Software into a single Software forum
- Merge Cool Ideas and Hardware into General
- Archive the Support section

I suppose similar things could be done across the whole site. It's all more work for ED though. I don't want to make more work for ED!

I've been noticing that the traffic in the Pandora section is slowly but surely dying
I've been noticing that the traffic in the every section is slowly but surely dying.
The good old gp2x times are over, where several hundreds of users, were here at the same time and they will probably never come back. Knowing that, your only conclusion has to be: Shut down the whole site and I wonder, if you like would like that.

My reasoning for asking this question was because the Pandora (and Dingoo) sections are dying because there are other forums specific to those handhelds which 99% percent of the users are going to. The GPH sections are slow because of different reasons. And since this was a forum originally dedicated to GamePark/GPH handhelds you can't include them here. Imo, those sections are redundant and not really useful since it can make people search multiple sites for one answer or make people post the same info repeatedly.

But since it's obvious that the nae's have it, this thread can be closed at any time. I was only interested in other's opinions about this.

I don't think it would be a good idea. One reason is because a lot Pandora software only has dedicated discussion threads for it on GP32X. Check the "discussion" links on these three lists:
http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects
http://pandorawiki.org/Emulator_list
http://pandorawiki.org/Games

My opinion might be different if there was a way to move ALL threads from one forum to the same sections in the other forum, but I gather that this is not possible (for various reasons, i.e. transferal of memberships).

Also, the split happened because of a silly personality spat, and I'm still feeling a bit apprehensive about whether merging the two forums would bring similar problems again.

Hi,

What about adding a link to the Official Boards on gp32x.de ? I mean, when you click on "Forum" in the Pandora section, it could lead to a new sub menu: GP32x and Official Boards. If you choose GP32x you'll browse the Pandora forums from here, if you choose Official Boards you'll be redirected to the other web site. gp32x.de front page could also show a selection of hot topics from the Official Boards. A preview of the latest applications released on the Archive, Repo and App store would be great too. Idem for the Dingoo.

Bye, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not merge all the Pandora forms into one, all the dingo forums into one, and add them to 'other consoles'?

Frankly, I think it's good for people who don't like those forums for whatever reason to still have the alternative here.

I for one still do my all pandora release here and here only (the only execptions are the quasist games as he explicitly requested for that). the cross-plateform part of the forum here is important to me.

Back