Need Help: The Gp32 Flu Screen (light Prob..)

menion

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hello ;>

Got a 'problem' with my Gp32 Flu screen. Compared to a friends gp32 FLU my screen is less enlightened. In ordinary daylight I can't tell if the Front light is on or not :/ It's ok in the dark but compared to my old Gba Sp it's suxz in daylight..
Since I will live in a tent almost the whole autumn and winter (bloody military service) I would likte to fix the gp32.. if possible! (Can't afford a new Gp32 :/ )

Any way to get my Gp32 Flu more enlightened?
I had some problems with the Front light one time, a cable from the Flu on/off switch came between the SMC card holder and went of when I inserted a SMC.. both from the switch and from the unit. A friend of mine solder it back again but can't remember if the screen got less enlightened after that since it happend long time ago..

Please help me with tips and ideas, I love my gp32 Really want the screen to be more enlightened! Do you think I can do something ?! Can't really understand why my friends Flu is much more enlightened than mine :(

Thanks in advance! gp32_console :D

// Ola from Sweden ;>

I dont think this is a problem, at least my GP32 does the same. In the dark, the light is nice, but in the daylight you cannot tell whether its on or off. I am pretty sure thats normal as well as the lcd flickering and tearing when under direct sunlight.

I dont think this is a problem, at least my GP32 does the same. In the dark, the light is nice, but in the daylight you cannot tell whether its on or off. I am pretty sure thats normal as well as the lcd flickering and tearing when under direct sunlight.
Hm. Well havn't test my friends gp32 in daylight but his is much more enlightened .. my gp32's front light give a more "yellow-light" while my friends FLU got a more strong and brighter light, you can tell the difference even in the dark.

Dosent matter if he got better light than me as long as it doesn't effect the "play-ability" ;> (do u get what i mean? ;)

Seems like it's a problem with the tiny fluorescent lamp? (or whatever the thing is)
Have opened the upper screen cover and taped around the screen with a black tape so no light will shine trough the tiny chink around the upper screencover, happy with the result even though the light problem is till present..

Feels like i can't enjoy the games and stuff to/with my Gp32 everywhere, anytime as I want it to be.. :/

I would be very gratefull and happy if someone can help me in one way or in another! :)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be that when your friend soldered the wire from the FLU to the switch, s/he left it with a weak connection. If the solder was dirty or not properly melted it could be acting as a resistior and reducing the amount of current flowing to the bulb. This would make it give a yellow, dimmer light.

Maybe you could try checking and re-soldering the connection, making sure its clean and a good joint? This might remove the problem and give you a better light.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted out :)

It could be that when your friend soldered the wire from the FLU to the switch, s/he left it with a weak connection. If the solder was dirty or not properly melted it could be acting as a resistior and reducing the amount of current flowing to the bulb. This would make it give a yellow, dimmer light.

Maybe you could try checking and re-soldering the connection, making sure its clean and a good joint? This might remove the problem and give you a better light.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted out :)
Thank you very much for your answer :) I'll try it!

As I can remember the cable was not peeled and just a few tiny "wires" were soldered to the unit, but it worked and I didnt notice any dimmer light then..
It migh with other words, as you wrote, be a "weak connection" ?

Can't really tell if the light is yellow or not but it seems like the screen is more yellow and less brigher than my friends gp32 Flu, it's quiet hard to explain! When i look directly at the tiny "fluorescent lamp" it don't give a "yellow light" but the screen does (compared to my friends gp32).. anyway..as said before (!?) it has to be less power inte the "fluorescent lamp".. (!?)
Hope you understand and the problem will solve when I re-solder the cables once more ;) Thanks!

Just gotta find someone with a decent solder! In matter fact I think i will buy one.. hope it's worth it :)

If someone can help me in one way or in another, please write and tell me! Write even to tell me your thoughts about the problem! I hope this will work though... :>

Thanks in advance! gp32_console

Last edited by a moderator:
Back