Red light and no boot fixed. Extra chips available.

Vitnim

Still Fresh
So... I finally got around to getting a GP32. I got an NLU "new in box" and it was DOA with the red light/no boot. Then I managed to get a red-light-no-boot BLU for a pittance. So, I got chip flasher and a bunch of chips and have successfully resurrected both units by flashing new eeproms and replacing the old chips on the mainboard after seeing it done in French.

I have 18 chips left - assuming none are bad. Anybody need/want one?

So... I finally got around to getting a GP32. I got an NLU "new in box" and it was DOA with the red light/no boot. Then I managed to get a red-light-no-boot BLU for a pittance. So, I got chip flasher and a bunch of chips and have successfully resurrected both units by flashing new eeproms and replacing the old chips on the mainboard after seeing it done in French.

I have 18 chips left - assuming none are bad. Anybody need/want one?

Not to highjack your thread (Hello fellow Wisconsinite!) But I just got a BLU model. Does yours have fairly dim backlighting, and the viewing angles get washed out easier on the vertical axis? Also, low sound volume overall? Connecting to headphones/external speaker helps.

That's about it. Have a good day!

Back