Red Alert! - Gp2x File Archive Is Out?!

Vimacs posted on Sep 19 2006 at 02:10 PM said:
ehm why exactly, didn't evildragon make backups?
And what's with the attacks, what is happening and are they stil running?

lastly: opensuse 10.1 woot, using it myself too :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
aapje89 posted on Sep 19 2006 at 08:44 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Sep 19 2006 at 02:10 PM said:

I think it lastet at least a few days, because EvilDragon has a Real Life (tm), too. Of course he makes backups, but the stuff must be uploaded. So calm down, the archive will be online soon...

Regards,
Stephan

Damn i wondered why the server was off line, sorry to hear about the probs Evil Dragon, the emulation 64 server washacked last week and Martin had to reinstall, theres some real wankers out there.

I have a lot of releases on my gp2x site but no where near as many as the archive.

are there any security probs i should pass info over to our Dreamcast File Archive ?

i dont understand why someone would take down the gp2x archive sever it seems to be a pointless exercise it just makes work for people.

unless thats what they set out to do :blink:

FFNoir posted on Sep 18 2006 at 04:03 AM said:
IT'S NOT HAPPENING! DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER! MASS HYSTERIA! Also, I'm taking this time to announce that the new show will be done on the first week of October. I know this may anger some, but Marching band is going to limit shows to one a month until November (when Marching band season ends).

My marching band is trying to get the whole show on by the end of the week. That why the extra rehearsal today is taking place in the parking lot, so we can chalk our new spots and learn them before Friday, when homecoming is.

:eek: Who says I don't have?
I have daily backups, and the archive is just being uploaded at the moment.
So while you still have a lot of files that can't be found, the archive is going to be filled up again.

Well, the second attacking server was in a university in Turkey, while as the first one (that somehow installed a rootkit onto my server) stopped Saturday.
Looks like some nasty virus, if you ask me.
I reported the server to the university and it stopped yesterday.

I added a new hardware firewall to the server and made it much more secure.

Well, after I fiddled around a day with SuSE 10.1, I just found out I couldn't get my old qmail accounts to work...
Later I found out it was because Plesk handles all the accounts, so wthout Plesk, they won't work.
Unfortunately, Plesk only works until SuSE10.0 yet, so I needed to reinstall the server again with 10.0.

After the installation, I tried to upgrade to the latest Plesk including our old database...
Didn't work out, tried about 7 hours and then just installed a new Plesk and reconfigured it completely.

Everything now is up and running, I'm currently simply uploading :)

Last edited:
Man that sucks, why the hell do these hackers pick on sites like this? They should hit microsofts instead and sell us tickets for front row seats :lol: . But seriously those guy suck donkey b***s

Well, most of everything is back now.
Server is working fine, I'm nearly finished uploading.

Time to check out what releases I missed and upload them :)

EvilDragon posted on Sep 20 2006 at 03:34 AM said:

:eek: Who says I don't have?
I have daily backups, and the archive is just being uploaded at the moment.
So while you still have a lot of files that can't be found, the archive is going to be filled up again.

Well, the second attacking server was in a university in Turkey, while as the first one (that somehow installed a rootkit onto my server) stopped Saturday.
Looks like some nasty virus, if you ask me.
I reported the server to the university and it stopped yesterday.

I added a new hardware firewall to the server and made it much more secure.

Well, after I fiddled around a day with SuSE 10.1, I just found out I couldn't get my old qmail accounts to work...
Later I found out it was because Plesk handles all the accounts, so wthout Plesk, they won't work.
Unfortunately, Plesk only works until SuSE10.0 yet, so I needed to reinstall the server again with 10.0.

After the installation, I tried to upgrade to the latest Plesk including our old database...
Didn't work out, tried about 7 hours and then just installed a new Plesk and reconfigured it completely.

Everything now is up and running, I'm currently simply uploading :)
thanks for the answers :).
Never used plesk by the way, it seems to be something like cpanel? (both not free :( )
I use postfix by the way, does qmail has any significant advantages?

edit: hehe, according to
http://shearer.org/MTA_Comparison
you should better switch mta :p.

Back