Recorded Vcr - Dvd Laws

clarky2o2o

in intrested in finding out what the lawisin copying your own recorded tapes.

i dont think it would apply becuase they are yours and unless your selling them i guess you would be fine

unless they are copyright protected the would be no issue.

ok thanks for the reply but what if

you copied an old tape to dvd if the tape belongs to some1 else and I Dont keep a copy of it.

clarky2o2o said:

you copied an old tape to dvd if the tape belongs to some1 else and I Dont keep a copy of it.
That still depends upon what is on the tape and who legally own`s the contents.

Your questions are all very vague, Can you not just be straight and tell us exactly what it is you are trying to achieve in more detail ?.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper said:
clarky2o2o said:

That still depends upon what is on the tape and who legally own`s the contents.

Your questions are all very vague, Can you not just be straight and tell us exactly what it is you are trying to achieve in more detail ?.

Trooper

unfortunately I have a problem communicating "clearly" but ill try as an example.

imagine that I run a business that charges a small fee to copy a customers video "contents" to put it onto the latest gen media (dvd/hd-dvd/blu-ray).

the contents would mainly be home movies (friends/weddings/funerals etc)

but also maybe some shows from T.V that they recorded when they was on (commercials included) .

clarky2o2o said:

its illegal but I highly doubt you will have the FBI / CID after you for copying an old video tape that belongs to your friend to DVD....

If you are that worried about it then you better delete your Roms etc that are on you GP32 / GP2x as well ;)

Back