Rechargable Batteries

GP40

I'm looking to get some sometime. Is there any benifit going for the super steriod 2800mA ones, or are other ampage ones good enough for the job?

trooper posted on May 5 2005 at 03:38 PM said:
Go for the highest you can afford, Higher mAh (generally) means longer running time.

Trooper

You'll be be glad when you don't conk out in Phantasy Star 4, not that you'd realise.... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
The higher MaH the better I've only got 1800MaH batteries and they don't last very long so go for the 2800s.

It also depends on the brand of batteries you buy, dont get those cheap one's after 10x recharging the capacity sucks (and I know it :angry: ).

Has anyone tried the brand they sell at Fryes? They come in a pack of 18 (I think) and they are purple in color. The price seems good to me, but I've found that some are better than others.

For example, I get better performance out of Rayovac than I do out of Energizers.

I use the Rayovac 15 minute rechargeables. Even though they are only 2000 MaH they only take 15 min, not all day to charge like the others so it is no big deal.

Actually, I was looking into them, was wondering if I should put them on long list of stuff to get when I'm not skint but I was thinking maybe the higher ampage may help to keep the gp32 more stable.

Back