Super-japanese Games On Snes And Megadrive

Billy Lee

I love all those super-Japanese-looking games like Goeman Warrior (a.k.a. Legend Of The Mystical Ninja) with their bright, colourful, cutesy graphics and complete weirdness. Are there any other good ones for the SNES, Megadrive or PC Engine?

All on SNES:

Pocky and Rocky and Pocky & Rocky 2 (like Goemon)

Poi Poi Super Ninjya World on SNES (kind of like Sokoban)

Sanrio Smash Ball (Air hockey)

Do re mi Fantasy: Milon's Quest (Platformer / Mario Alternative)

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius (Shoot em up)

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu - Basic Edition '98 (Baseball)

EDIT: That was my 1000th Post!

SNES:
Umi Hara Kawase
Sanrio Smash Ball
Seiken Densetsu 3
Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension
DoReMi Fantasy
Tetris Battle Gaiden
Super Puyo Puyo 2 (I think 2 is only japanese)
Rockman & Forte
Romancing Saga 3
Burning Heroes
Shanghai 3

Megadrive:
Alien Soldier
Battle Mania 2 (TS Vintage)
Monstania
M.U.S.H.A.
Pulseman
Panorama Cotton

Thanks. I'll have a look at those.

Does anyone know about a Japanese beat 'em up by Treasure on the Megadrive? I think it might have been based on Dragon Ball Z. You could do four players at once, if I remember correctly?

could the gen do 4 players? (I never had one but always thought it only had 2 controller ports)

yes , genesis / megadrive can do 4 players...

either trhough a multitap (same as snes or ps1/2) or through the cartridge since some games added 2 other controller ports (games like micromachines for instance)

Billy Lee posted on May 27 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
Does anyone know about a Japanese beat 'em up by Treasure on the Megadrive? I think it might have been based on Dragon Ball Z. You could do four players at once, if I remember correctly?

It's yuyu Hakusho Makyoutohi.
Not a game I've played much but it's highly regarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold on are you saying just cool games in general or are you talking about how they look emulated on the GP32?

For example Seiken Densetsu 3 aka Secret of Mana 3 the translated version will not work with OPENSNES 3.0 it would not even load.

Has any one gotten this game to work on the GP32???

Also, you guys left out Star Ocean which is the best RPG IMO that never made it to the US.

Too bad the rom is too big ti be played on the GP32 unless maybe wiht the RAM MOD.

Newzeland Story- Genesis Your a chick that shoots down cats that fly in balloons and then nick thier balloons....plus with super kawai gfx

RichyX posted on May 27 2005 at 07:34 PM said:
Billy Lee posted on May 27 2005 at 02:48 PM said:

It's yuyu Hakusho Makyoutohi.
Not a game I've played much but it's highly regarded.

I have played it a lot and it runs really well in DrMD. It's bloody good too.

The Yu Yu Hakusho Tokubetuen (something like that) game on SNES is awesome too.

tattooman posted on May 27 2005 at 08:14 PM said:
For example Seiken Densetsu 3 aka Secret of Mana 3 the translated version will not work with OPENSNES 3.0 it would not even load.

Has any one gotten this game to work on the GP32???

SD3 loads using Snes9xGP... good times, good times... :)

:EDIT: I thought it was Secret of Mana 2... :huh:

Back