Rebuild Neo-geo Roms?

fatdad said:
im a bit thick, will being honest alot thick , but why do you need to rebuild the roms ?
Almost all of my roms (only one working is Metal Slug X) aren't working in GnGeo2x. They don't match the romrc.d information, and I don't know how to fix them to work with it. I know that the dumps I have are perfect dumps.

Does anyone know what I can do to get my roms working?

Last edited by a moderator:
budbud said:
Why in God's name would you send it in a PM, instead of posting it for everyone? My MS X doesn't work either. It's fine to post program links, etc., unless you're posting a link to a ROM.

Thanks, but that wasn't really what I was looking for.

The dumps of the games I have are perfect, verified dumps. I need help either renaming the files in the zips or adding the games to the romrc.d files.

Can someone help?

Get the MAME neogeo roms. This should really be in the readme. I downloaded 35 neogeo roms and they didnt work, but so far all the MAME roms have. A good indication is that they're identical to the romc.d info.

I tried renaming the files in the neogeo roms but this often caused graphical errors and/or total failure.

I want to try renaming the games I already have, or try to fix the romrc.d

Since there are videos of people playing these games on YouTube, then SOMEONE knows how to edit the romrc.d files, or some way to fix the dumps.

Can someone please help?

Since there are videos of people playing these games on YouTube, then SOMEONE knows how to edit the romrc.d files, or some way to fix the dumps.
I don't understand your logic.... newish versions of MAME emulate neogeo. I'm not saying to play the games in MAME gp2x but to download the official-ish roms they provide and use them in gngeo (since this rom set seems to be what gngeo is based around).

You may be able to rebuild them, but personally i wouldn't bother.... i dont have any experience using those programs.

EDIT: You may find this useful: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=30968

You can get all the roms to work you need to find different rom sets from different web sites try one game from each site one of the web site will have the right rom, i will give you example there's one game called garou:mark of the wolves which is an difficult title to work the best rom set for this game is the proto type version and it actually works.

Back