Trying To Play Ddtod On Cps2emu_test_7

SecretAgent

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

I want to get all my capcom games running on cps2emu_test_7, in particular I'm trying to figure out how to run Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom first on cps2emu_test_7 but, everytime I load up the game I get a screen saying "Error: Unsopported Cache File - Please rebuild cache file."

I've been using romcenter to clean up my roms but, have no idea how to build or rebuild cache files. I've been looking all around but, am very new to this stuff (and it's pretty complicated for me). Can anyone help?

Make new cache files. Newer versions don't support the older cache versions. You'll notice that if you look at the filesize of the caches ;)

what games are you trying to run.. i had to add "u" to the end or my games to maek them run

NoidZ posted on Feb 2 2007 at 04:37 PM said:
Make new cache files. Newer versions don't support the older cache versions. You'll notice that if you look at the filesize of the caches ;)

How do I make new cache files? I'm a total n00b when it comes to this stuff, sry.

mdinire posted on Feb 2 2007 at 04:58 PM said:
what games are you trying to run.. i had to add "u" to the end or my games to maek them run

I'm trying to run Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom (DDTOD) just as a test to try and figure out how to do the rest properly. So you added a "u" to the end of the zip file name? Can you give me a specific example of what you did? I'm not a coder/programmer so most of this stuff is complicated for me to figure out, sry.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the romcnv folder, there is romcnv.exe, run that (it works with wine). Find the zip of the game. Afterwords, copy the gamename.cache from romcnv/cache to /cache, and you will be set.

Also try other games, sometimes you might have a bad dump.

It really is an amazing emulator, try pocket fighter!

mth411

mth411 posted on Feb 2 2007 at 05:26 PM said:
In the romcnv folder, there is romcnv.exe, run that (it works with wine). Find the zip of the game. Afterwords, copy the gamename.cache from romcnv/cache to /cache, and you will be set.

Also try other games, sometimes you might have a bad dump.

It really is an amazing emulator, try pocket fighter!

mth411

thanks, mth411 - I'll give it a shot!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a problem getting Marvel Super Heroes to run(msh.zip), i made my cache and everything but it turned out only the American version worked, so I needed to rename the .zip file to mshu.zip

open the file "zipname.cps2" to see what versions work

Back