Realmagic Codec With Gpcinema2

g6settings8rk.jpg

This is the last episode of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Its taken from a 252MB Xvid TV Capture - So original quality isn't that good.

Also did an episode of Family Guy:
familyguysettings2va.jpg

This is from Dvd.

Both of these are using your latest settings you posted.
-
Of Course I haven't tested this on a GP32 cos I haven't got mine yet, But the settings look ok on my computer- Is there much difference when watching them on a GP32?

I see you did this episode of Family Guy straight from a Dvd. How did you upload the episode from the Dvd onto your computer to convert to a GP32 friendly version?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to get the file I was encoding, you can get it from the following site:

http://www.electricleechproductions.com/AMVs.html

and look for PPG:R (Powerpuff Girls: Reloaded) trailer. It's about halfway down the page.
Note it's the PPG Reloaded trailer, NOT the PPG Revolutions vid which is also available from the same page.

I have previously encoded this using Xvid one pass (using the guide from the entware site) and came out with a file at 1.8MB (15fps).

For the time I tried using Realmagic, here is the settings I used.

resize to 320x240, precise bicubic (A=-0.75)
23 fps (not changed from original file)

Rate Control - Variable bitrate(Quality)
Quality - 65
RMP4 encoding tools - all unchecked
Avi FourCC - DIVX
Advanced encoding parameters :-
Minimum quantizer - 3
Maximum quantizer - 12
Quantization tools - H.263
Maximum keyframe interval - 300

Audio - converted from 48000Hz to 44100Hz, stereo, 16bit
compression - 24x22 mono

Most of these settings you listed on page 1, and I also used the new settings you listed above for <5min videos.

How did you resize the file and also how did you convert the Audio as well as the compression to 24x22 mono ???

He probably means, which sound codec do you have to use.
And I to want to know that.

EDIT: well, I used the mpeg-3 sound codec.

I got an anime episode of cowboy bebop. It's 25min long. I encoded it with the settings for clips < 30min , but I chose stereo instead of mono (I always listen through a headset, so stereo is a must for me) and I ended up with a 39 meg file.
That's 1.6meg/minute. Is that becaus I chose stereo instead of mono?

dwarrior posted on May 25 2005 at 04:47 PM said:

I got an anime episode of cowboy bebop. It's 25min long. I encoded it with the settings for clips < 30min , but I chose stereo instead of mono (I always listen through a headset, so stereo is a must for me) and I ended up with a 39 meg file.
try to encode it mono and see what happens...

dwarrior posted on May 25 2005 at 11:47 AM said:

That is what I meant. Sorry, I must not be expressing my questions clearly. Being a total noob at this I know I am probably frustrating to some with these questions. I have tried the MPEG Layer 3 Codec and I have now created a file that is 31 MB for a 22 minute episode of Family Guy. Hopefully this will work now. Thanks to those who have tried to bear with me and help with this. It is truly appreciated. I will be crossing my fingers as I test this.

Whoo hoo! I FINALLY got a movie encoded for GP32. Many thanks to Octavious for posting those settings. They almost worked for me, but they set me on the right track. For some reason, if I go above 15 fps, the audio stutters majorly. If I stay at 15, everything's cool. Weird. Anyway, it works! Wheeee! :lol:

nickerous posted on May 30 2005 at 04:07 PM said:
Whoo hoo! I FINALLY got a movie encoded for GP32. Many thanks to Octavious for posting those settings. They almost worked for me, but they set me on the right track. For some reason, if I go above 15 fps, the audio stutters majorly. If I stay at 15, everything's cool. Weird. Anyway, it works! Wheeee! :lol:
lol, I think you forgot the clock settings, if you have more fps you have to raise the clock speed (using "r")

I would like to give an extra thanks to Octavious and Aapje89 for the topic info and the help. I am now encoding nice quality movies with Realmagic Codec and overall encoding period.

resize: Virtualdub -> Video Menu -> Filters Dialog -> Add -> Resize
convert audio: Virtualdub -> Audio Menu -> Conversion (or Compression) Dialog

The reason why it isn't on the Sigma Designs website anymore is because users figured out that it had Xvid code carefully hidden in it. They had to stop development and release the source.

Also, THE Codec Site

Hi to all.

I'm testing too this codec. Using 115kbps CBR and 4:48 minutes of The Incredibles movie I get these results:

Video: 115kbps CBR 320x136 15fps
Audio: 22khz 24kbps mono MP3
Filesize: 6.893.568 bytes

Why it's over 1meg per minute if I'm using 15fps?

Also, during the Dash running scene in the forest it works PERFECTLY at any MHz. At other static scenes (for example when the mother is filling her bag and Dash takes the red clothes) I notice some choppy color blocks. Why? I always thought that the choppy blocks would appear in action scenes, not static scenes.

Hi to all.

I'm testing too this codec. Using 115kbps CBR and 4:48 minutes of The Incredibles movie I get these results:

Video: 115kbps CBR 320x136 15fps
Audio: 22khz 24kbps mono MP3
Filesize: 6.893.568 bytes

Why it's over 1meg per minute if I'm using 15fps?

Also, during the Dash running scene in the forest it works PERFECTLY at any MHz. At other static scenes (for example when the mother is filling her bag and Dash takes the red clothes) I notice some choppy color blocks. Why? I always thought that the choppy blocks would appear in action scenes, not static scenes.
Framerate is irrelevent to size. You could have it at 8 trillion fps with the same size.

With less framerate, you can get better quality image at the same size. It's obvious.

Back