!reader For Gp32 (v 0.8)

well done, it's great to see such high quality softs being released I'll definately be using it for my text stuff - thanks!

Ringo posted on Sep 28 2004 at 07:09 PM said:
I've been testing this release today, and I like some of it's features. I've have converted the articles at www.sirlin.net to RTF-format and put them in a zip-file.
The program seems to be freezing without any warning at times, afterwards you have nothing else to do but reset.

It's doesn't seem to be a one-time bug, since I seem to be able to force the bug by going back and forth through the tekst.

I know this is not the right part of the forum to ask about it (I saw beta testing area :) ) - but being the program under testing (I'm also adding some functionality) if you don't mind to ship me your file that causes my prog to freeze it would help me to fix it for the next quick release (that I'll suppose will be on-line next week).

Thanks and sorry for this annoying situation

M

Last edited by a moderator:
Marco Giorgini posted on Sep 29 2004 at 05:35 AM said:
Ringo posted on Sep 28 2004 at 07:09 PM said:
I've been testing this release today, and I like some of it's features. I've have converted the articles at www.sirlin.net to RTF-format and put them in a zip-file.
The program seems to be freezing without any warning at times, afterwards you have nothing else to do but reset.

It's doesn't seem to be a one-time bug, since I seem to be able to force the bug by going back and forth through the tekst.

I know this is not the right part of the forum to ask about it (I saw beta testing area :) ) - but being the program under testing (I'm also adding some functionality) if you don't mind to ship me your file that causes my prog to freeze it would help me to fix it for the next quick release (that I'll suppose will be on-line next week).

Thanks and sorry for this annoying situation

M

No need to appologize - I'm happy to help :p

I've sent you a PM.

Edit: And an E-mail to now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should avoid storing the path of the last opened file in the sams file than configuration

Thank you Marco - this is one very sweet piece of software. I can't wait for you to implement the bookmarking feature. Your support for Aportidoc opens up a whole new world of reading for me and others.
For those who are not aware, tools are available for high quality conversion of HTML, PDF, Microsoft Word and Wordperfect to this format.
(BTW I've tried !reader on several books now, and I haven't seen the bug referred to earlier)

Zip support as well :). I could fit soooooooo much to read on my '32 now. Anyone reccomend a funny site I can save as rtf to read sometime? Like that robe and wizard hat one.... the one with "When I invent something that can stab people in the face over the net, I'll be rich and famous" site. I lost my bookmarks and can't find the link again :).

OpenOffice format support would be good, it's an XML based language and spécification are public also ;)

Do any of you guys know some good sites for free books/essays/articles/stories/any thing good to read that I can use for !reader.

Back