!reader For Gp32 (v 0.8)

Marco Giorgini

Certified Guru
Website
www.kultvirtualpress.com
!Reader per GamePark32
(beta release 0.8)
by Marco Giorgini

If you use your GP32 even for text reading here it is a new e-book reader: !Reader.
gp32_1.gif

This (free) program gives you the chance to read text in TXT, RTF and PDB (Aportis Doc) formats, handling (for RTF format) the main basic formatting features (bold/italic/underlined and paragraph alignment) and giving you the possibility to customize background and text colors, font size (3 levels) and the strenght of antialiasing.
gp32_3.gif

To save space on your SMC card, and to avoid problems with GP32 short naming (8.3) !Reader lets you keeping your documents in zip files, that it will browse as normal folders.
gp32_4.gif

It's also present a find tool and the autoscroll (with customizable speed).
gp32_5.gif

User interface is all in english.

Click here to go to the page (sorry, in italian language) where you can find info and the download link.

this looks nice

does it book marking features?

if so it will be a possible replace for kReader once i finish my current book!

awwwh, saw pdb and initially thought we finnaly had adobe support, then realised it would have to be an f and not a b!

oh well!

spray posted on Sep 27 2004 at 03:17 PM said:
this looks nice

does it book marking features?

if so it will be a possible replace for kReader once i finish my current book!

awwwh, saw pdb and initially thought we finnaly had adobe support, then realised it would have to be an f and not a b!

oh well!

not now - I took this thing off before releasing this first beta - but in the final version, yes - and - at least in my mind it should have also a way to add short notes to the text. A note: when you restart it - if you close with "restart gp32" you'll be again at the same point of the same document - that's not a bookmark - but maybe it fits you the same.

Bye
M

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not had time to look at this yet, but it sounds like you've incorporated all the features I never got round to adding to lazyreader (and probably would never find time to add) :). Excellent work, well done :).

woogal posted on Sep 27 2004 at 09:27 PM said:
I've not had time to look at this yet, but it sounds like you've incorporated all the features I never got round to adding to lazyreader (and probably would never find time to add) :). Excellent work, well done :).

Are you the author of LazyReader? well, please to meet you :) - I've used you program till I finish mine and you've been a great inspiration source for !Reader. After all I've bought GP32 mainly for e-books (I think this is at the moment the best tool at all) and it's been a real pleasure to find there were more usable programs than the standard (anyway good) software for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been testing this release today, and I like some of it's features. I've have converted the articles at www.sirlin.net to RTF-format and put them in a zip-file.
The program seems to be freezing without any warning at times, afterwards you have nothing else to do but reset.

It's doesn't seem to be a one-time bug, since I seem to be able to force the bug by going back and forth through the tekst.

Back