Raw Files

Pecaloja

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Does anyone know how to convert the Gigas Raw files back to BMP's. I had a hard drive fail on my Laptop when i was re-installing windows on my other machine. This has led me to lose all my Gigas BMP's. All I have got left are the RAW files on my GP32. Please help some one. I have tried RAW2BMP converters i found on google but nothing comes out right. HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

raw files are bmp files without headers, you can use for example irfenview to view/xonvert them, but you have to know the exact size and color depth

Off topic, but is Pirotic still working on this? I'd really like to make a game out of this, but don't see much point in doing so until the final version with all his "planned" updates are released.

Gigas hasn't been updated for a while, which is a shame as i have 13 screens of a Zelda game which could do with a few more things before i publish it (Health adding, item using, shop interaction, money etc). Back to my problem. How do i find out the details IrfanView needs (BPP, colour order, planar, interleaved). I have tried every option with the tile0.raw file but with no success. Any help gratefully recieved. :(

RAW files are NOT BMPs without headers, BMPs are Run Length Encoded, RAWs are NOT.

But that doesn't matter. Just open it up in Irfanview, tell Irfanview the size and the amount of colors (8bit 256), then import the pallete file to make it color.

edit: Try interleaved, than planar. Its probably interleaved.

Thanks for that, i have tried to import the palette but is in .act format, not .pal format as IrfanView wants. I have tried to convert it with Kolorgenerator but without success. Any more ideas. I keep coming up against dead ends. :(

Edit: Have managed to convert the palette now, used a cracking little program called Pedit.

Have sorted it now. The height and width are about face in Irfanview or in the Raw file? Inputting them the other way round sorted it (The other settings are 8PP, RGB and interleaved). The end result was the original Bmp files on their sides. After importing my new Pedit Pal file to the palette, everything looked ok. It was just a matter of opening the files in Gimp and rotating them back round the right way and hey presto here are my old Gigas BMP files back.
Many thanks to Blah and Vimacs for the Help.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back