Char Sprites Problem

E

extremegamer

Hi, i downloaded alot of characters, attack animations, and background stuff from the net to use in my game. They were .png files when I downloaded them but I converted them to .bmps and put them into the .bmp files with Gigas, but when i try to use them within Gigas, i jumbles everything up throws off all the colors and pretty much makes the game one huge blob of flickering pixels. help?

You need to paste the seperate 6 by 8 char picture on the existing blank 6 by 240 grid

f that makes sence :S

EDIT : Where did u get the sheets from?

the pallete has changed. check out woogal's reply in this thread for instructions on how to apply the correct pallette with the GIMP, as for other software packages, i don't know... someone will.

definitely the pallette though (assuming you copy/pasted them into the original bmp)

incidentally, how are you doing your walking animation? i'm using 'left right left right left right' for walking, and 'legs together*6' as standing (if you know what i mean), as most of those PD sets use 4-frame style...

just curious...

the best source i've found for sprites/tilesets is www.gaminggroundzero.com , and an extended list can be found here on gamemaker forums. :)

enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back