Raine

K

Kalisiin

I just was noodling around the Net and came across an emulator called RAINE, which totally kicks ASSETS!!

It's on the order of Final Burn Alpha, except this seems to be for mostly Taito and Jaleco games.

Anyone else ever heard of this one before?

Goddam, Slaanesh, if you are reading this, (and I hope like hell you are!!) consider this a formal request to try and make a version of RAINE that will work on our beloved Dingoo!!

This thing kicks major ass!

I toyed with the idea of RAINE and I might do it but I've still got to do some fixes for FBA320 first. That's next on the list.

EDIT: Looking at the list of games for RAINE again, it's pretty much covered in FBA and MAME already.
Is there anything missing in particular? It might be easier to add to either MAME or FBA as they both have unimplemented game drivers.

slaanesh said:
I toyed with the idea of RAINE and I might do it but I've still got to do some fixes for FBA320 first. That's next on the list.

EDIT: Looking at the list of games for RAINE again, it's pretty much covered in FBA and MAME already.
Is there anything missing in particular? It might be easier to add to either MAME or FBA as they both have unimplemented game drivers.

Some of the way-newer games are working in RAINE, and not in MAME or FBA. I'll post a small list here shortly. A lot of them are some really cool shooters, and Hundred-bullet-hell type games.

Maybe you could add the RAINE elements into FBA, that would be okay, too...there's just quite a few games not working on FBA or MAME...that DO work on RAINE, and I'd like to have on the Dingoo...the short list follows:

Just mentioning a few, some of which I really like, and others...well, I don't care much for them, but other players most likely will!!

I'd like to see at least, as a minimum, the ones I list here, all of which work on RAINE. there's more I'd like to see, that did not work with the version of RAINE I downloaded, likely that was just a matter of ROMsets.

Arabian Magic
Arkanoid Returns
Ashura Blaster
Asuka & Asuka
Balloon Bros.
Cadash
Darius
Darius II
DoDonPachi
Dangun Feveron
Dino Rex
Drift Out/Drive Out
Eight Forces :lol: (what did I had done??) :lol:

(Older gamers will understand why that's funny...All Your Base Are Belong To Us...)

Elevator Action 2
ESP.RA.DE
Exzisus
Fire Shark
Galmedes
Gekirindan
Gunbird
Gunlock/Ray Force
Rezon
Ryu Jin
Strike Gunner S.T.G.
Strikers 1945
Thunder Dragon
Thunder Dragon 2
Zing Zing Zip

Last edited by a moderator:
astro said:
Chase HQ would be cool :D

i doubt it will run at any reasonable speed... see outrun for mame :(
but slaneesh is making my mouth watery......

pongplaya said:
astro said:

RAINE made my mouth water. I'd love to know how they managed to hide that one from me for so long!!

I discovered it completely by accident, looking for a list of FBA games, so I could try yet some more games on FBA.

The funny thing is...most of the ones I had accumulated that did not work on FBA...worked on RAINE!!

And I thought of the genius of Slaanesh...who brought us MAME and FBA to the Dingoo, and thought he'd be the right guy to approach about RAINE.

Also, me hopes the great and powerful Slaanesh has not forgotten my request for the next version of FBA to have it possible to rotate the screens!!

By the way, this does not seem necessary in RAINE, to rotate screens, as they all seem to play in the correct orientation in the first place. But maybe that is because I'm playing RAINE on my PC.

Anyway...there stands my request of the most awesome and powerful Slaanesh! I don't need a heart, or a home, don't need courage or a brain...just give me RAINE!!! :lol:

pongplaya said:
astro said:

It should run pretty much the same as Outrun which i can live with. I am pretty sure they share the same hardware (no)?. <_<

GunPei2X said:
FYI these work on Dingoo MAME:

Kalisiin said:
Ashura Blaster
Drift Out
Fire Shark (no sound)
Zing Zing Zip

OK, yeah, I have Ashura Blaster already...and I knew about Fire shark, but the no sound thing sucks.

I'll have to try Drift Out and Zing Zing Zip.

Still, though, I have a shorter list in FBA and in any RAINE game might come out, so I'd rather them be over there, I'm trying to avoid having a 200+ game list to sift thru every time I want to play a game, and to have all three available would be a good way to cut down my MAME list.

As it is now, I have nearly 300 games, between MAME, FBA, and RAINE...that I'd like to have. Currently, over 200 of those are on MAME.

If there were a few more MAME's that could be moved...and we had FBA, RAINE, and MAME, I could maybe get closer to three programs with lists of 100 each...much more manageable.

I have already moved what I could from MAME to the current FBA.

I still want to get Altered Beast back on MAME...and I found one other that didn't work on MAME 2 that did on the original...Galaga 3 - it doesn't work on MAME2, so I replaced it with Gaplus, which does work. But, still Galaga 3 would be better to have, the graphics are different in Gaplus, even if everything else is the same.

Anyways, seriously...RAINE would be a major crowning achievement, and it would support a lot of games not currently supported in FBA or MAME.

EDIT: No good MAME on Zing Zing Zip, I am missing files from the ROM, and can't find them anywhere.
I found the missing file for Drift Out, though, and got that one working in MAME

Am missing uy001008, uy001010, uy001017, and uy001018 from Zing Zing Zip.

RAINE does not seem to require those files, but MAME does. so can't make it work on MAME.

Oh, and Drift Out/Drive Out...sucks in MAME, because it has no sound.

"No sound" games suck.

Since slaanesh is very likely to be reading this post, so I would like to put my request here, and hope you don't mind, Kalisiin.

Would it be possible to get PGM games run on FBA for Dingoo?

It's written in the read me file of the latest FBA4Wiz that it supports PGM games, but I have never got any of them successfully run on FBA4Wiz.

So my question is, is it possible to get PGM games run on FBA for Dingoo?

Thanks!

I don't mind. But what are PGM games? Some titles, please?

I might well be interested, too.

Here's an introduction to PGM system (IGS)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Games_System

Actually if you are running FBA on PC, you can easily find PGM games (sorted by system/company).

There are some nice PGM games such as KNIGHTS of VALOUR, Oriental Legend. Not sure if these games are ever available in your region, but I do like them.

Those PGM games have mega-hefty(tm) requirements.

20 Mhz 68000
8 Mhz Z80
20 Mhz ARM

448x224 resolution.

It's a lot of hardware to emulate really.

I haven't tried the Wiz version of FBA to see how it runs - probably not super great I am imagining.

Also, as for Raine - it's got loads of Intel assembler - which means that it's very difficult to port to Dingoo A320 or GP2X or any other non-Intel device.

slaanesh said:
Those PGM games have mega-hefty(tm) requirements.

20 Mhz 68000
8 Mhz Z80
20 Mhz ARM

448x224 resolution.

It's a lot of hardware to emulate really.

I haven't tried the Wiz version of FBA to see how it runs - probably not super great I am imagining.

Also, as for Raine - it's got loads of Intel assembler - which means that it's very difficult to port to Dingoo A320 or GP2X or any other non-Intel device.

Hummm...well, any chance at getting some of those games I listed, for RAINE...which are M68000 based...to run in FBA?
Most of what I listed are really good games I like a lot, so, any that could go on FBA..mucho appreciated!!

difuno said:
Here's an introduction to PGM system (IGS)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Games_System

Actually if you are running FBA on PC, you can easily find PGM games (sorted by system/company).

There are some nice PGM games such as KNIGHTS of VALOUR, Oriental Legend. Not sure if these games are ever available in your region, but I do like them.

Thanks for the info.
Nothing there that looks like it trumps my RAINE/FBA wish list, at least not for me. Especially, I'd love the Darius games to work on FBA, as well as Eight forces, just because of the funny things it says when you die.

It's funny because it's rotten English.

I have Raine on my MAME arcade machine, it's great for those obscure late 90's games (multi 68000 and 68020 based hardware). It could run Elevator Action II, Bubble Symphony back before MAME could.

Back