Release Racer

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hi there,

Here is my new toy : Racer (http://sourceforge.net/projects/racer/)

racer3.png

There are still some graphicals gitches. (and yes that's a pandora screenshot ;P)

finished a few race on the pandora already

[ Download ] - [ Sources ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a brief play. It "looks" great (I have PTOD so I'm completing the picture in my mind). Runs very smooth graphically, but with some stuttering audio.

I did myself a mischief at one point - selected an alternate track from the main menu, loading was taking a long time (probably 10-15sec of black screen, felt like ages). I thought it had crashed, and tried to kill it with the Pandora button, which didn't bring up the process list. A few seconds later the level loaded, but after all my fooling around the game wasn't recognising any inputs. I'll take partial responsibility for that one. :p

'A' to select track then 'X' to accelerate, with 'A' pausing the game, is a bit confusing. Obviously 'A' is playing a 'Start' button role here. Perhaps move that function to Start, but also allow X to be a selection key in menus?

Plans to add nub control?

Thanks for this. :) Very nice, shiny game for the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a really cool game, good work!

When I finished the first race though, it went to a whitescreen and I had to hardreset the Pandora.

I think a lot of those crashes in gles apps is caused by the wacky driver. Too bad nothing can be done about it :(

But I like it a lot. Your truly on pickleporting level :)

Keep it up.

Back