Race! With Save States...

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Hello again,
I must've had a busy week for GP2X stuff, didn't remember it being that overwhelming though... but anyways, I finally managed to get save states into RACE!! Mind you it's still missing a menu, you can only save one save state (not per game, I'm meaning in total atm) and I did experience a weird crash at one point in time, so this is just a beta to see if anyone else has any problems, I'll try and get it all fixed up and start working on a menu here soon, but school starts tomorrow...

CODE
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,1526

Have a good one!
TJ Hooka

Edit: to add link, like the idiot I am I forgot ;) Just check the version date, if it's 2009, it's been updated... nevermind if I put 04 instead of 03 for the month :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! Are you planning to port Akop's menu from his PSP version?

Depends, might take a look , but it seems very PSP-oriented, and I don't know what it looks like... might use this as an exercise to teach myself some sdl, and building a menu from scratch ;) Free time will be a factor though :D

So far, save states work without a problem. :D

However, I might unintentionally overwrite the current state whenever I exit the emulator. :p

Good work, and thanks. Hope to see more improvements.

'Hooka' said:
Hello again,
I must've had a busy week for GP2X stuff, didn't remember it being that overwhelming though... but anyways, I finally managed to get save states into RACE!! Mind you it's still missing a menu, you can only save one save state (not per game, I'm meaning in total atm) and I did experience a weird crash at one point in time, so this is just a beta to see if anyone else has any problems, I'll try and get it all fixed up and start working on a menu here soon, but school starts tomorrow...

CODE
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,1526
Have a good one!
TJ Hooka

Edit: to add link, like the idiot I am I forgot ;) Just check the version date, if it's 2009, it's been updated... nevermind if I put 04 instead of 03 for the month :p

Hello Hooka!!

A new Race version is a nice new always, but I've got a request for you.

I'm a Open2x user, and Race has a problem with this firmware. Everytime you run Race, it checks the GP2x firmware version number to put in on the selector. But Open2x doesn't have any firmware version number, (or it's placed somewhere else), and Race's rom selector CRASHES.

Can you fix this?

Thank you so much.

PS: excuse me for my english...

Jurk: What I recommend for Open2X is NOT using selector, it's really only there for people who don't use gmenu2x. Instead make a link to race not race.gpe, then use gmenu2x's built-in selector to select roms ;) This gives you the advantage of being able to turn on Ram Tweaks and overclock to 240Mhz easily, which should give you a constant 64fps (I still gotta sort out why it's running @64 fps instead of 60...)

'Hooka' said:
Jurk: What I recommend for Open2X is NOT using selector, it's really only there for people who don't use gmenu2x. Instead make a link to race not race.gpe, then use gmenu2x's built-in selector to select roms ;) This gives you the advantage of being able to turn on Ram Tweaks and overclock to 240Mhz easily, which should give you a constant 64fps (I still gotta sort out why it's running @64 fps instead of 60...)
Thanks a lot for the advice, Hooka!

Fell free to visit us at GP32spain everytime you want. It's nice to see foreign devs discussing their creation in our webpage

Please remind us how to make the Selector work properly? I've done the usual tweaks such as shortening ROM filenames and dumping roms in /mnt/sd/ngpc/roms to no avail. I still get the ubiquitous "Error abriendo el archivo de versio". Yes, I used the search function; no, I haven't found "the answer".

It's pretty pointless to complain, but of all emulators on the GP2X, RACE easily is the biggest pain in the a$$ to configure.

'vaustein' said:
Please remind us how to make the Selector work properly? I've done the usual tweaks such as shortening ROM filenames and dumping roms in /mnt/sd/ngpc/roms to no avail. I still get the ubiquitous "Error abriendo el archivo de versio". Yes, I used the search function; no, I haven't found "the answer".

It's pretty pointless to complain, but of all emulators on the GP2X, RACE easily is the biggest pain in the a$$ to configure.

It's /mnt/sd/roms/ngpc/

ROMs must be unzipped (i.e. *.ngp, *.ngc, or *.npc) and have filenames less than 32 characters.

Alternatively, you can use GMenu2X's built-in selector. Add a link pointing to 'race' (without the *.gpe extension). In that link's settings, turn on 'Selector Browser' and add the ROMs directory to the 'Selector Directory'. Take note though, the ROMs still need to follow those quirks mentioned. ;)

Back