Quick Question

otacon

Still Fresh
I only have enough money to buy a gp2x and not the sd card. will I need the sd card at first? or can it be used straight outtta the box

You can use it straight out of the box, given that you don't exceed 64 megs worth of emulators, roms, ebooks, music and videos (minus however much space the OS takes up on the internal NAND memory).

can't wait to get it,i loved my gp32. anyone remember how happy you were when you got you gp in the mal

well, you cant expect all64 mb to be availible, some of it will be taken by the os, maybe you have 30mb free, maybe more, maybe less.
I strongly sugest you to also get a sd card.

otacon posted on Oct 6 2005 at 11:31 AM said:
can't wait to get it,i loved my gp32. anyone remember how happy you were when you got you gp in the mal

I know my dissapointment about *not* getting a gp32. However now I know incredible anticipation and excitement at definately getting a GP2X.

:D

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
A 256m will be more than enough for me for all the gaming stuff. Figure I can get more and bigger later on if I need it.

Here in Canada, SD is still expensive, but not as expensive as SMC.

i bought a couple of sandisk 1gb ultra 2 cards from costco recently for $50 each - that was with a money off coupon.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 5 2005 at 08:45 PM said:
reallynotnick posted on Oct 5 2005 at 10:39 PM said:
They are really cheap here in the US
http://dealram.com/prices/30/1GB.html

And thats without any nasty rebates or anything. I can get 1gb for $30-$40 after rebates a lot of the time.
i want a 2gb. thats the problem

It was directed at octane who said they were expensive, but you can still find cheap 2gb cards there.

Last edited by a moderator:
SD cards are pretty cheap in sweden too, about 25 euro for 512mb and about 40 euro for the 1gb. It´s not much if u consider the fun u get. Good choise GamePark!

Back