Quick Access To Production Numbers

mray

Still Fresh
School is out and it’s time to enjoy a little time off, and getting away from home for extended adventures is attractive. I think folks know what I’m getting at. I like the http://alec.mooo.com/lol/cxs.php site, and it is clear EvilDragon and Craigx respond to numerous questions through the course of the day, but if you want to know how close your Pandora is to production, it takes a little digging. Sometimes I like to read all the postings, it’s engaging however, a quick uncluttered post weekly would be ideal. A solution might be a thread where only craigx or EvilDragon could post how many they produced or shipped that that day, week, or what the current obstacle is. I have yet to find such a resource, please inform if I’m missing something.

Not that it will have exactly what your after but they do have the blog to do the updates you want

Na-Noo said:
Not that it will have exactly what your after but they do have the blog to do the updates you want

I think every Pandora that is assembled and shipped should be celebrated, it’s the culmination of what many saw as an over ambitious undertaking. This progress shouldn’t fall under postings of a common nature. The quantity of Pandoras produced should be the first thing people see when they log to the web page. As much as I dislike McDonald’s, they identified the value of informing the public of their success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stingray said:
As much as I dislike McDonald’s, they identified the value of informing the public of their success.
OpenPandora
Over 700 served!

Neko said:
Stingray said:
As much as I dislike McDonald’s, they identified the value of informing the public of their success.
OpenPandora
Over 700 served!

Exactly! I think there are likely several reasons posting the numbers served is a good idea for Pandora

Production numbers show capability to follow through.

Shows pride in the project and speaks to the ambition and success of the Pandora team.

Reduces the likelihood of agitating posts, which could turn off some buyers.

While production numbers are low, it makes the purchaser feel unique.

If production slows, even lack of production volunteers or vacations, some people like myself simply like statistics, good, bad or indifferent.

Maintains the garage start up appeal, people love the entrepreneurial spirit.

McDonalds stopped doing that over 20 years ago. Now the signs are "Billions and billions served", or no mention at all.

Only shipping 700 is kind of a joke. They should at least deliver a few thousand before talking about how great their sales are.

Actually, they could say "Around 4,000 sold." Their sales are good, considering they didn't start delivering products for what, two years?

Neko said:
McDonalds stopped doing that over 20 years ago. Now the signs are "Billions and billions served", or no mention at all.

Only shipping 700 is kind of a joke. They should at least deliver a few thousand before talking about how great their sales are.

Guess that dates me not knowing when they quit showing how many served on their sign. Still no doubt the model worked. I’m supposed to be at about 1850 to 1950, and I’ve been discouraged, but now they’ve actually sent out 700 units; I guess. Bottom line is, I’d be even happier if I could assess delivery outlook in about 30 seconds and attend to my own stuff.

Sorry about diging up this old thread, but Google has splashed this warning ...
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for mooo.com

What is the current listing status for mooo.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 10 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 288 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-07-13, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-07-11.

Malicious software includes 39 trojan(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including freemovies.hut.ru/.

This site was hosted on 29 network(s) including AS16265 (LEASEWEB), AS21844 (THEPLANET), AS49544 (INTERACTIVE3D).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, mooo.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 66 site(s) including ridiculousfaith.com/, xn--gunds-zua.dk/, strangelovemusic.com/.

Has this site hosted malware?

Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 55 domain(s), including video48.net/, danthompsonart.com/, zwayah.com/.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre.
It didn't do it yesterday :(

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55236-what-happened-to-alec-mooo-com/

Ah! I completely missed that as it had dropped off the first page.

But I thought the original thread was a sensible place to post about it. <_<

Back