After waiting 9 months, I've decided to cave and go for a premium Pandora

Failcake

Still Fresh
So I finally decided that I'm caving and spending the extra $150 to get my Pandora quicker, because after browsing the forums every day, I can't wait to get a hold of this little device. I've got a few questions, if nobody minds me asking:

1) After sending my initial email to Jacquelyn, I received a fairly quick response asking me if I would like a Paypal or Google Checkout invoice. I replied instantly, though after five days, I still haven't received my invoice. Is this normal? I sent another email a day ago, but still haven't heard anything back.

2) How long has your guys' shipping taken to get to the States?

Thanks, Pandora-bros! :D

Thank you for doing that, I know it's a bit rubbish that we have had to bring this in, but you will very much enjoy your Pandora and see that it's worth the extra money. The chances are you will never have to spend a penny on software for it so it keeps on giving.

You should get a reply to your email soon, if you send me your email address I can check up on it.

Thanks,

Craig

So I finally decided that I'm caving and spending the extra $150 to get my Pandora quicker, because after browsing the forums every day, I can't wait to get a hold of this little device. I've got a few questions, if nobody minds me asking:

1) After sending my initial email to Jacquelyn, I received a fairly quick response asking me if I would like a Paypal or Google Checkout invoice. I replied instantly, though after five days, I still haven't received my invoice. Is this normal? I sent another email a day ago, but still haven't heard anything back.

2) How long has your guys' shipping taken to get to the States?

Thanks, Pandora-bros! :D

1. Email replies can take up to a week. Jacquelyn's a busy lady.

2. 10 - 12 business days by regular mail (not much over 21 real days). 1 - 2 days if you pay the extra $25 for UPS shipping.

If I might chime in... get the UPS shipping! Totally worth it for the faster shipping and the piece of mind of knowing where your Pandora is. I chose regular shipping to NY and the shipping time felt longer (and more painful) than my waiting time to get the Pandora.

If I might chime in... get the UPS shipping! Totally worth it for the faster shipping and the piece of mind of knowing where your Pandora is. I chose regular shipping to NY and the shipping time felt longer (and more painful) than my waiting time to get the Pandora.

As a fellow first-batcher-upgraded-to-premium, I concur. Get the UPS Shipping. I did and it arrived holy crap quickly via teleportation or some other magical means. As quick as it arrived, however, my impatience and excitement caused the short delay to feel like years.

Once you've received shipping confirmation, it's very possible you will act like Scott Pilgrim and sit in front of the door staring at the wood until it arrives, even if it takes weeks.

Speaking of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, I strongly recommend everyone see that movie. If you like video games, or have a sense of humor, or breathe, you will love this movie. Seriously. Best. Movie. Ever.

- trix

My first post here... long time lurker.

I wholeheartedly concur, and would like to add that I originally was sent a Pandora by normal airmail, which went missing. I never even saw it.

Once Jacquelyn got the reponse from the post office that it had gone missing, I decided to upgrade to UPS for the 'recplacement'. It still took a week, but being able to log in every day and see exactly where it was on it's world tour to my door was not only reassuring, but even a little exciting.

So yeah... go for UPS shipping. well worth the extra cost.

I waited for 2 years and 4 months. Yes, it was hard. Especially when people kept asking me about it, and wether it was now old tech. The running joke with my kids was that I had been scammed! Got mine on 2nd Feb and the smile hasn't left my face! My wait was made more bearable because I was learning loads from other forum users, and writing a game for the pandy also. Congrats, your wait looks like it will soon be over!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the reason that people who waited 2 years plus (like me) did so was because when it was during the early phase like you noobs ;) , there wasn't the option to have the device regardless of what you wanted or were willing to pay, so by the time it was available we'd already been in for the long run and it was 'easier' - nothing to do with superhuman powers!

Speaking of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, I strongly recommend everyone see that movie. If you like video games, or have a sense of humor, or breathe, you will love this movie. Seriously. Best. Movie. Ever.

- trix

High five!

Thanks for the information, guys. I made my payment a few days ago, when should I expect it to get my shipping confirmation email?

A few days. If you have to wait more than a week, send them an e-mail; they're absolutely swamped, so try putting key words in the subject line.

Back