Questions Regarding Future Emulators For Dingoo/gemei A320

gibberish

well, im interested in buying one of these but i have read on dealextreme that many of the emulators are poorly written. i know that the SDK is available but i dont really know what this means... if i understand it correctly it means that 3rd party software is able to be written and run on the a320... please correct me if im wrong...

if this is the case, what is the likelihood of improved emulators being developed by chaps outside of the company? and, if this is already happening, where abouts can i go to read about, keep track of and download them?

thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/03/d...es-further.html

Q: Finally, can we help to convince Dingoo to please release more emulators for the A320?
A:For now, maybe can not. But we will keep our device be improved.

Not mentioned here, but the same person did say in another Q&A session that theyre going to continue working on optimizing the emulators in future firmware updates.

Whether this actually happens, who knows. But thats their stance on it.

I've been going here lately, but information is scarce everywhere at the moment:
http://www.dingoo-digital.com

'pandora' said:
Here, if they open a section.
thats doubtful isnt it? i know craigix likes the idea, but the backlash from the gph fanboys would be immense.

'Auritribe' said:

Q: Finally, can we help to convince Dingoo to please release more emulators for the A320?

Not mentioned here, but the same person did say in another Q&A session that theyre going to continue working on optimizing the emulators in future firmware updates.

I've been going here lately, but information is scarce everywhere at the moment:
you cant rely on the chinese for this, generally theyre notorious for breaking more things than they fix with subsequent firmware updates and itll probably go the same way with the emulators. it would take a community such as this one to get the emulators running properly.

also, i think you linked to the website which has been hacked and is full of viruses. not sure if they fixed it yet or not, but im not clicking anything til i know for sure!

'gibberish' said:
realistically, thats not going to happen i dont think.
Have you even been following the past threads? The majority's for it, the only thing stopping it now is Hando's absence.

Edit: You're right. the 'backlash' would be a wee problem. (I'm against it)

'gibberish' said:
'pandora' said:
thats doubtful isnt it? i know craigix likes the idea, but the backlash from the gph fanboys would be immense.

'Auritribe' said:

I''ve been going here lately, but information is scarce everywhere at the moment:
you cant rely on the chinese for this, generally theyre notorious for breaking more things than they fix with subsequent firmware updates and itll probably go the same way with the emulators. it would take a community such as this one to get the emulators running properly.

also, i think you linked to the website which has been hacked and is full of viruses. not sure if they fixed it yet or not, but im not clicking anything til i know for sure!

The website full of viruses is dingoo888.com, unless dingoo-scene is now infected???

there was talk on dealextreme of an english speaking website that had also been hacked as well. what kind of companies would stoop to that level to try and prevent competition. come to think of it, who the hell is the competition... smartQ? GPH? :/

'gibberish' said:
there was talk on dealextreme of an english speaking website that had also been hacked as well. what kind of companies would stoop to that level to try and prevent competition. come to think of it, who the hell is the competition... smartQ? GPH? :/
interesting...I need to look into this sometime. thanks for the heads up.

'gibberish' said:
''''pandora'''' said:
those darn gph fanboys! first, they protested the gp32 section! then they protested the pandora section! and now, the a320 section!
goddamn them! flooding the forum with their constant talking in the gp2x and wiz forums! those selfish bastard fanboys!

:rolleyes:
also, what the hell do you guys mean 'competitors'? first of all, googles, chromes, and firefoxs virus alerts are usually pretty shitty or fake and oversensitive, so who knows if they actually do have them? second, competitor in this industry wouldn't "sink that low", half of these devices are all probably made by a different branch of a parent company anyway. its probably some kind of spyware-type partner that they struck a deal with or if it WAS a hacker, then a malicious one and not a competitor

'PoisonedV' said:
those darn gph fanboys! first, they protested the gp32 section! then they protested the pandora section! and now, the a320 section!
goddamn them! flooding the forum with their constant talking in the gp2x and wiz forums! those selfish bastard fanboys!

:rolleyes:

You just don't ever let up do you? And someone might come in here and actually take you seriously...

And there goes another thread down the drain...

I really miss the gp32 days when this board wasn't full of childish members.

oh...hello there.

how nice to see you all again..anyway...

agreed on most points..though i think it was just a malware exploit bot that scanned for whatever sites had the common vulnerabilities and they got caught in the fishing net.

'A600' said:
And there goes another thread down the drain...

I really miss the gp32 days when this board wasn't full of childish members.
When Pandora is released all will be restored to normal. I hope you can get your Dingoo A320 working again.

Any chance we could get psx4all ported over to the Dingoo A320, I used to have it working on my zaurus.

I did ask on the zottd forum but got my head bitten off as he seems more focus on the iphone and pandora now a days.

(BTW I originally ordered a pandora, then we want through the whole it off, on ,off again sage. The last render image I saw had more button on the keyboard than a piano).

i doubt very much we'll ever see a decent psx emulator on the dingoo. its doubtful on the wiz, which is more powerful than this dingoo thing.

btw, the amount of buttons on the pandora hasnt changed since the very first render.

'gibberish' said:
i doubt very much we'll ever see a decent psx emulator on the dingoo. its doubtful on the wiz, which is more powerful than this dingoo thing.
I'm not sure but doesn't the Dingoo A320 have a MIPS processor the same as the PSP. If that's true then I would think that a PSX emulator on the A320 would probably give the same performance as on the PSP.

Dingoo - ??? to 430 MHz
PSP 3000 - 1 to 333 MHz

But there is a big problem the PSP has 3D hard-ware ( Dingoo doesn't ) :p :p

'Orange Pumpkin' said:
Dingoo - ??? to 430 MHz
PSP 3000 - 1 to 333 MHz

But there is a big problem the PSP has 3D hard-ware ( Dingoo doesn't ) :p :p
Does the PSX emulator on the PSP make use of the 3D hardware on the PSP?

I'm pretty sure yes but would be better if you ask somebody else :) :)

Hi , surely if the zaurus and gp2x can handle psx4all than the A320 should be able to?

Has you seen the new smartq II, it has all the features of the A320 plus let you play 2 players via some sort of wireless controller, ( make playing streetfighter against your buddy more fun).

Back