Questions On Yinlips Ydpg18

foleyjo

So it looks like my Caanoo may not be able to do some stuff I want so I may change direction and get a Yinlips, mainly the G18. However first I would like to know some things. So does anyone know the answers to the following.

Does the screen give as good an image as caanoo?
Emulation support - How good are the following?
Amiga - I've seen it has save state but does it support all graphic modes and is the speed good?
C64
BBC
Atari Lynx
PS1
MegaDrive(CD &32X)
MAME/Arcade
SCUMM
N64 - Is it really as good as people say?
Vectrex
Odyssey 2
DOS

Online Apps
Webbrowsing - Does it have HTML5? Flash? Java? Youtube compatible? play videos in codec-c format?
Spotify - Is the spotify app compatible?
Netflix - Is the netflix app compatible?
OnLive - I've seen comments about this working but is it playable?

Ebook?
Do PDF's work?
Do you get support for kindle books with the android kindle app?

Touchscreen - I've heard bad things about this is it any good?

TVOut - I read on some forums the TV out causes frameskip

Audio - I've read that there is lag on audio especially in emulators

Buttons - Heard good things except the L & R buttons can not be pressed with other buttons and the analogue stick is not too great.

Other Android Apps - I've seen a GTA 3 video. Is this more or less compatible with most Android apps? Is it recognised on the Android market?

JXD - Is this a better option when compared with the above features?
Caanoo - Honestly should I just stick with this?

Here is al lot of info about the Yinlips G18:
http://yinlips-ydpg18-forum.2315615.n4.nabble.com/Yinlips-YDPG18-Forum-f4239621.topics.html

Foleyo:

It's simple: Caanoo has better hardware, G18 has better software. It's a full blown android device - almost all apps work properly, Kindle works just fine, Onlive as well.

Screen is dim. Playing outside is impossible, it turns into a giant silver mirror.

Touch performance is more than adequate for a resistive screen. Browsing is very smooth. Wifi stability sucks though.

HDMI is fine, no additional frameskips noticed.

Lag is there. There is new firmware today that seems to finally fix this, but at the same time screws up hardware buttons :-D

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys.

Looking at that site and found a thread relating to sound delay on all emulators. It said it is a hardware issue and will never be fixed. That might be the thing that helps make my decision.

Anyone have any info on the JXD? I've looked around but I'm not sure what the latest model is and how it compares. Some say it's better others worse.

also I know there are a few other threads relating to this but I am more interested in the best option for the features I listed.

Back