Questions For The Dev Team

Vorporeal

Yes, no, I, this is.
Website
Visit site
I came up with this idea as a solution to the problem that Poem58 and others had in his recent thread that it's extremely difficult to get questions to the development team, as any question threads descend into flame wars and other nonsense. I feel like this is a good solution, and if people take it seriously, could be a quick and efficient channel for asking questions to the dev team and getting answers.

Here's my post from the other thread:
Vorporeal said:
Because of the communication issues that we're having, I've created a page on the wiki where people can ask questions. The answers should either be from members of the dev team or they should be links to posts made by members of the dev team. I feel like this will be a much better alternative to having tons of forum threads - the devs only have to go to one place to find questions, and anyone can add questions to the page (yay for wikis). I'll do my best to monitor it to make sure it doesn't descend into chaos. If people agree that this'll be useful, I'll start a new thread about it to bring it to the attention of both the dev team and a larger number of forum-goers.

EDIT: Oops, forgot the link. You can find it here.

I feel that the wiki style is the way to go because we'll have one page where people can add their questions, instead of many people starting topics to ask questions that have probably been asked already. This also makes it so that the devs have an easier time finding the questions that people are asking - they can just check the wiki instead of sifting through the forums. If the question isn't listed on the wiki page, feel free to add it. If you see a question that has been answered already, feel free to modify the page, linking to the forum post/blog post/whatever where the reply is located. Please only add responses if the confirmation came directly from a member of the development team - this is supposed to be a hub for official answers to community questions.

I'll do my best to keep it clean and up-to-date - if you're going to add to it, try to follow the format that I've laid out so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if we make a Digg like system? People can post new questions and vote for questions. Questions with most votes should be answered by the Devs.
There is a nice system called Pligg. It would me take 20 Minutes to install it on my webspace.

Guy Montag said:
What if we make a Digg like system? People can post new questions and vote for questions. Questions with most votes should be answered by the Devs.
There is a nice system called Pligg. It would me take 20 Minutes to install it on my webspace.

There probably aren't that many questions that people want to ask, and votes would mean nothing - the devs would post answers if they had them, if they don't post an answer, it's probably because they don't have one. It's not like there'd suddenly be so many questions on there that they'd need to triage. The idea of this is to get a better "status page" with respect to things that might still need to be done prior to MP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back