Questions Before Dying

Hybride

Still Fresh
EDIT: Erm... questions before buying. I am now dying. :|

Hello, I am interested in buying a GP2X F-200 but I need to find out a few things before I do. Any answers would be much appreciated.

Firstly, it is possible to download software that was originally created for the F-100 and has not been updated since. Because there is D-Pad instead of the analog stick, I thought that perhaps the developers would have to update it in order for it to work?

Secondly, on the GP2X wiki, it says that I need the BIOS ROM to play the games on the emulators. I already know a few websites in which you can download ROMs for Gameboy and I am aware of the risks (it being illegal). Would it be possible to use those?

Thank you very much (in advance)

Hybride said:
Firstly, it is possible to download software that was originally created for the F-100 and has not been updated since.
on most cases, yes.

Hybride said:
Secondly, on the GP2X wiki, it says that I need the BIOS ROM to play the games on the emulators. I already know a few websites in which you can download ROMs for Gameboy and I am aware of the risks (it being illegal). Would it be possible to use those?
em, yes, that's pretty much the point ;) just don't tell us where you got the roms :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The F100 does not have an analog stick, it's also a d-pad which "looks like" an analog stick. The only incompatibility that you may have is emulators using the "click" (clicking the stick) button on the joystick, but I think you don't need to worry about that.

Also, ROMs and BIOS ROM are different things. ROMs as you know, are the actual games. BIOS ROM is like the "firmware" of consoles. For example, if you turn on your Gameboy without the game, it will show a screen with a little sound which says "Nintendo Gameboy", right? That's the BIOS. Not sure where you can download them, but many emulators don't need BIOS roms.

BTW: Why do you say that you're dying? :p

Yes, majority of the software are compatible and working for the F-200. There are some that have issues, which mainly deals with having incompatible sampling rate for sound or requires the stick click (when you press the stick) in order to work properly (more of the former than latter).

Only some of the emulators require a BIOS (e.g. gpSP, psx4gp2x, Sega CD in PicoDrive, GnGeo2x). As for the ROMs available on such websites, they will work, but some require specific ROMs or they have to be in a certain format in order for them to work.

A r k said:
BTW: Why do you say that you're dying? :p

I meant to say buying but I typed in dying haha

Manjuu said:
Only some of the emulators require a BIOS (e.g. gpSP, psx4gp2x, Sega CD in PicoDrive, GnGeo2x). As for the ROMs available on such websites, they will work, but some require specific ROMs or they have to be in a certain format in order for them to work.
I was quite interested in psx4gp2x and gpSP. Especially gpSP, is there any alternatives which do not require the BIOS ROM? If there isn't, is there an easy way to obtain the BIOS ROM if you don't have access to it yourself?

Thanks again.

Hybride said:
I was quite interested in psx4gp2x and gpSP. Especially gpSP, is there any alternatives which do not require the BIOS ROM? If there isn't, is there an easy way to obtain the BIOS ROM if you don't have access to it yourself?

Thanks again.
Unless you want to go through the prosses of ripping, and creating the bios yourself, a quick search in google of the bios filename should do just fine :)

There are 3 emulators which require bios files psx,sega cd,gba if you need any bios files for these please pm me i will help you.

Back