Question mark?

Rahsennor

Still Fresh
I can't get into my new Pandora. You see, the password I set has a question mark in it... but the password prompt doesn't accept question marks. The 'x' key works, the Fn key works, but typing a question mark does nothing. Where have I gone wrong? :unsure:

I tried that... plugging in a USB keyboard doesn't work either. The lights on the keyboard flash but nothing happens. Do I need to do anything special to get a keyboard working? (I know the keyboard works, that's what I'm typing with now.)

Hmm, USB Host would have to be enabled to make the keyboard work and you need to be logged in to do that.

That's a stupid bug (didn't even know this).

I think the best thing for you would be to reflash and resetup.

Does anyone know which characters do not know?

I'll update that in the First Setup Wizard then.

Could this be a problem with the keymap not being loaded correctly before login?

This could be a similar bug to the : in dosbox.

Try shift + fn + somekey.

Where somekey might be a different key than ? On the keyboard, so try several ones.

Edit: example: to type a colon in dosbox you need to press shift + fn + ;

Last edited by a moderator:
If the USB Host happened to be set to enable on bootup.. he would need a USB 2.0 hub for a Keyboard which is typically USB 1.1 to work properly..

Last edited by a moderator:
Could this be a problem with the keymap not being loaded correctly before login?

This could be a similar bug to the : in dosbox.

Try shift + fn + somekey.

Where somekey might be a different key than ? On the keyboard, so try several ones.

Edit: example: to type a colon in dosbox you need to press shift + fn + ;

Right! The First Boot Wizard uses X but doesn't load the keymap!

That's an easy bugfix for me :)

I can get a question mark with shift + fn + z but it still doesn't work. Maybe the setup wizard was using a different (also bad) keymap? I didn't check the original password in a normal (not hidden) box. How do I 'reflash and resetup'?

Right! The First Boot Wizard uses X but doesn't load the keymap!

That's an easy bugfix for me :)

Thanks for the fix in advance. I had the exact same experience during my first date with my 1GHz upgrade. Used a ! in my password, could not login again :( and reflashed.

Not sure if you actually mean this ED, but my experience was that the keymap used during the First Boot Wizard is the proper one.

It is just that during the login procedure that same keymap isn't used: at that moment I cannot enter the ! character via Fn-T, as is printed on the keys.

Back