Goofed Up Password

Nikolai

Still Fresh
When I booted up my Pandora and created my user account, I gave it a password with an underscore (Fn-y) in it. Unfortunately, the screen that asks for my password won't allow an underscore (based on the fact that it doesn't make an asterisk when I try to type that key). How can I reset my Pandora so that I can enter a new password? Or how can I enter an underscore?

Thanks for your time.

Nikolai said:
When I booted up my Pandora and created my user account, I gave it a password with an underscore (Fn-y) in it. Unfortunately, the screen that asks for my password won't allow an underscore (based on the fact that it doesn't make an asterisk when I try to type that key). How can I reset my Pandora so that I can enter a new password? Or how can I enter an underscore?

Thanks for your time.
I'm surprised, nobody have replied you yet, your best bet is to reflash your unit.
See here for instruction for the lastest beta image

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help. I borrowed a FAT32-formatted SD card from my calculator, followed the directions on the support page, and seem stuck on a screen that reads "Switched to serial." It's been there for half an hour. Is there any way to verify progress on this thing? Are there some kind of minimum specs for an SD card used for this purpose (other than having enough memory)?

EDIT: I failed to mention that "boot from SD1:1" was not listed as an option in the boot menu -- only "default boot", "power off", and "serial prompt", the last of which doesn't appear if the SD card isn't plugged in. I selected "serial prompt", naturally.

I can't seem to format my SD card in ext2 in Windows 7; otherwise, I'd try that.

Hm, you extracted everything to your root and put the card in the left slot, right?

Are you sure it's a normal FAT32?
Normally, this only happens when there's something weird with the card or some files are not there.

EvilDragon said:
Hm, you extracted everything to your root and put the card in the left slot, right?
I'm pretty sure. I extracted the zipfile to the parent (top-level) directory of the SD card. There's nothing else on it. (Do you mean something else by "my root"?)

EvilDragon said:
Are you sure it's a normal FAT32?
Pretty sure. I'll try reformatting it.

EvilDragon said:
Normally, this only happens when there's something weird with the card or some files are not there.
It's done the same thing with Hf5 beta 1 firmware and Hf4 firmware. Unless I misinterpreted what "my root" means, I can't imagine what went wrong, unless there's something wrong with the card.

Thanks for trying to help out. If nothing works out, I'll try to buy a new card after my business trip. (It's a shame, too -- I was looking forward to having something to play with on the trip itself.)

EDIT: Clarified that by "parent" directory, I meant "top-level" (that is, "/").

Hm, yeah, root is top-level...

Seems like somehow it doesn't recognize the SD-Carf for one reason.

Try using the Panasonic SD Formatter, if possible. It works wonders sometimes.

Nikolai said:
Thanks for your help. I borrowed a FAT32-formatted SD card from my calculator, followed the directions on the support page, and seem stuck on a screen that reads "Switched to serial." It's been there for half an hour. Is there any way to verify progress on this thing? Are there some kind of minimum specs for an SD card used for this purpose (other than having enough memory)?

EDIT: I failed to mention that "boot from SD1:1" was not listed as an option in the boot menu -- only "default boot", "power off", and "serial prompt", the last of which doesn't appear if the SD card isn't plugged in. I selected "serial prompt", naturally.

I can't seem to format my SD card in ext2 in Windows 7; otherwise, I'd try that.
The boot from sd1 option failed to appear after my 3rd reflash and never came back.Got a new sd card to reflash and that worked.I remember this happenened to someone else before.

EvilDragon said:
Try using the Panasonic SD Formatter, if possible. It works wonders sometimes.
That worked -- Hf5 beta 1 firmware is now installing! Thank you so much!

Back