Pandora keeps forgetting wifi pwd

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Hiya,

I received my GHz upgrade! Yay! \o/

I had made a keyring password like usual during the initial installation but somehow my Pandora is asking me for the wifi password instead of the keyring password. Even within the same session, after closing wifi down and re-enabling it, it keeps forgetting the pwd.

Wifi itself works fine once the pwd is entered.

I deleted the keyring files in the .gnome2 folder but that didnt do the job.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve this?

One other thing I came across is maybe a dumb question in regards to basic linux knowledge but I'm gonna ask anyway ;)

With Gigolo I connected to a DAV server, that works fine. I can browse the server with Thunar and see all of its folders but when I go into the folders I can't see any files eventhough they are there. First I thought maybe it had to do with the filesystem used on the server so I installed exfat suport but that didnt work.

When I enter terminal and do ls to show the folder contents it does show the files. It looks like Thunar is hiding them but I can't find out how to make Thunar show them.

Am I missing something?

Dont worry,i had this too.

A Reflash and directly Update after the Reflash and it should work fine ;)

After this worked my Touchscreen and my Nubs much better(but dont know why) ;)

And dont use Keyring,i use Keyring without Password and the "usave connection" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not in a good position to reflash, so I just put my wifi password in a text file and I've been copy-pasting it into the popup. Yay.

I'm not in a good position to reflash, so I just put my wifi password in a text file and I've been copy-pasting it into the popup. Yay.
Can you check if the keyring file gets recreated after you remove the .gnome2, .gconf/apps/nm-applet and .gconf/system/networking folders? And if it does, does it have the right password in it?

If it does not, maybe it's possible to create the keyring/config files by hand. If the files do get created, but nm doesn't want to use them, that's another story...

I had the same Problem, removing .gnome2 or similar solutions didn't work. After a small investigation, i found out that it had something to do with libtasn1 not being found and therefore gnome-keyring couldn't start.

I fixed this by reinstalling gnome-keyring via:

sudo opkg update

sudo opkg install gnome-keyring --force-reinstall

I don't know if it is recommended to do it this way but it fixed it for me. Maybe running OS upgrade like notaz suggested will fix it too? (it didn't a few days ago)

Yeah the upgrade tries to fix the libtasn1 problem.

I really have no idea why opkg "forgets" some dependencies sometimes, I've checked and all dependencies are properly specified..

It seems to depend on what package configuration you have before running opkg upgrade, it then either does it correctly or messes things up.

All works now, I reflashed and ignored the whole keyring thing alltogether. Actually it's a lot nicer like this.

My pandora now auto connects without me having to enter the keyring pwd.

Now the DAV, Thunar issue.. The search goes on :)

Back