Unable to login after Disable Wifi

tsh

Website
Visit site
So before getting on the plane this morning, I go into the start-up settings and set wifi not to start on boot. Seems OK. Shutdown, and board...

Now, when I boot into xfce, I get a login screen (was set to auto-login), and password request. If I enter these, I just end up with the login prompt again. This was on my bootable SD, so not all is lost - but I'd rather recover it rather than start over (and it seems there may be a problem with the wifi scripts too).

I got some authentication fail messages which seem networking related. If I remove the password for my account, I am not prompted for a password, just endless username prompts (it is a graphical prompt, don't seem to be able to get a console tty). Looking at the scripts, I can't work out how to reverse the 'disable at boot' just by editing (or copying from the working NAND image).

Carefull if you try and replicate this, you might end up having to reflash...

An atempt to change the config file to boot into mini-menu failed too, but maybe I changed the wrong file...

Hm, I enabled and disabled WiFi on startup quite couple of times already on my normal NAND, no prob so far.

The error doesn't sound like it's related to it anyways.

Was the filesystem an EXT2 one?

I know my EXT2 filesystem killed itself after a few boots, EXT3 was working fine for me.

My pandora just did this to me. I forgot to plug it in last night and let the battery run all the way down. Something must have gotten corrupted on the NAND because now it brings up the login prompt, but I can't log in.

After charging the battery and then rebooting using pandora+powerswitch (there's no other way out of the login screen) it rebooted normally and automatically logged in.

It seems to be fine now. I have no idea what happened.

quite possibly something to do with the power level being below 5%. That's when the system defaults to shutting down. Maybe there's some weird interaction going on between trying to log in and it trying to shut down.

Back