Question For The Pandora Owners

I'm not a coder so of course I can't do that. :D If the OS isn't the performance killer, something else is it, old Kernel or whatever, I don't know.
But if I could code, maybe I would write better Drivers for the Pandora so that all programs could benefit from, with or without OS, Minimenu or whatever. I know there is more Power into the Handheld than we've seen yet. Actualy, it should be Texas Instruments' job to write proper Drivers for the OMAP Hardware they build but I guess this is to much wishful thinking these days.

fusion_power said:
I'm not a coder so of course I can't do that. :D If the OS isn't the performance killer, something else is it, old Kernel or whatever, I don't know.
But if I could code, maybe I would write better Drivers for the Pandora so that all programs could benefit from, with or without OS, Minimenu or whatever. I know there is more Power into the Handheld than we've seen yet. Actualy, it should be Texas Instruments' job to write proper Drivers for the OMAP Hardware they build but I guess this is to much wishful thinking these days.

There's nothing wrong with the OS or the Drivers (aside from no Open GL on the gfx side of things)... if apps aren't working as well as you'd hoped, then it's those apps that have the issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
There's nothing wrong with the OS or the Drivers (aside from no Open GL on the gfx side of things)... if apps aren't working as well as you'd hoped, then it's those apps that have the issues.
Not entirely true. There's theoretically some speed boosts yet to be gained from SDL apps. We've already seen some improvements, there may be more in there still. Wouldn't be huge boosts, but a couple of extra frames per second never hurt.
Otherwise, yeah, applications generally spend very little time in the OS and more time on their own code. If there's huge bottlenecks, it's likely to be in the application itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Davec - yes; and no that game didnt eat up all my time the last few months.. RL did that :/ more layoffs and more OT and xmas.. A year of OT every week :/ hopefully better in 2011, my main hellprojects at work wrapped up..

Anyway ask me again after xmas area.. Have kid == no time during holidys even to browse :)

Im hoping go do some more mmenu hacking very soon; foldering to assign cats as mentined before, option to store appdata with app as mentioned, and separate cat editor for ovr files and such.. maybe.

Need to reboot that game project as well; and no, not text only.. Was working on all 3d models opengl cor awhile, but not sure .. Need to cut down goals for v1 so i can ship someday :p

Anyway, bug me again in a few days.. I worked through holidays.. No time off for me :(

Jeffphoneburnout

Back